Author Topic: Shelbys, Mustangs and Fords in Movies, TV or Print  (Read 79119 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Shelbys, Mustangs and Fords in Movies or TV
« Reply #360 on: August 03, 2021, 01:48:41 PM »
F vs F
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 11, 2021, 12:18:15 PM »
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaah boooooouuuy...........Fast Furious # 9.   Yikes !

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 12, 2021, 07:49:12 AM »
DRAQLA

Hot Rod reopens case of wrecked, unnumbered A/MP GT350 that was restored in the ’70s by Bela Lugosi Jr., and then it vanished.
Once upon a time, a Hungarian actor named Bela Lugosi left Europe for the United States aboard a merchant ship to further his career. He landed a role as Count Dracula in the Broadway adaptation of Dracula, which he played again in the now-classic 1931 film adaptation. After that, he remained in horror until his passing in 1956.

Before he left this world behind, though, Lugosi fathered a son in 1938, Bela George Lugosi, Jr. Lugosi Jr. went on to become a lawyer. He also, according to Hot Rod, once owned a special Shelby GT 350.

The GT 350 was once featured in Hot Rod‘s November 1977 issue, having undergone quite the transformation from what it once was. Per the article, the pony was “an unnumbered factory A/MP Shelby GT 350 with less than three miles showing on the odometer” which found itself smashed up. Holman-Moody, who was Ford’s official racing contractor at the time, took and flipped the beaten dead horse to another company before one lawyer brought it back to life.

In 1974, that lawyer sold the GT 350 to Lugosi Jr., who then logged some 12,000 miles with the car when the Hot Rod article was published. He took it to “all of the Shelby-style events,” showing off the car’s own style, complete with wide fender flares, center-mounted chrome exhaust, and a pair of chrome fuel doors straddling the louvered rear window.

Some time after the article was published, the GT 350 disappeared from view. Perhaps it was sold to another owner, who either held on to it or, as is usually the case, sold it to someone else. Hot Rod is even asking where this special car is today.

We don’t think it’s buried in a coffin or, worse, somewhere in a scrapyard. However, we do hope that, wherever the GT 350 is, it’s terrorizing all of the drag strips, seeking its teeth into the competition every chance it gets when it sees the green light in the dark of night.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 12, 2021, 07:54:22 AM »
Another article on DRAQLA

Hot Rod delves into its archives to revisit the of curious case of Bela Lugosi Jr.’s Shelby, which hasn’t been seen for decades.
When the 1931 film version of “Dracula” came out, Carroll Shelby was only eight years old. Even when the man who made the vampire count a Hollywood legend, Bela Lugosi, died in 1956, Shelby Mustangs were still years away. He didn’t live long enough to experience their sound and power.

However, his son Bela Lugosi Jr. was a grown man when Shelby first started producing his hotter versions of Ford’s hit pony car. Hot Rod recently dug into its archives and came across one of its stories in its November 1977 issue. It goes like this:

“Twelve years before the article came out, an unnumbered factory GT 350 with less than three miles on its odometer somehow came into contact with a silver spike and suffered a substantial amount of damage. Holman & Moody, Ford’s official racing contractor, bought it and subsequently sold it to a company called FT Enterprises. It held onto the hobbled horse until an L.A. lawyer decided to restore it. They sold it in 1974 to none other than Bela Lugosi Jr., who would go on to take the GT 350 to numerous Shelby-related events.”

Given the timeline, this Shelby should’ve been made in roughly 1965. With its grille-mounted lights, sail panel scoops, and horizontal bar tail lights, it looks more like a ’67 model, though. Other touches that make it stand out are its rear window louvres, exaggerated rear fender flares, and mono-pipe exhaust finisher. And let’s not forget the vanity license plates that read “DRAQLA.”

A couple of quick online searches revealed nothing about this car’s current status. Perhaps Lugosi Jr. sold it to someone else who has it locked in a garage and building value somewhere. Maybe it got wrecked or stolen and parted out. We hope not. Dracula spawned several sequels and related movies. We’re crossing our fingers that the world will get to see more of this obscure Shelby one day.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 24, 2021, 09:15:12 AM »
The Fugitive 1966

289 cobra

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 04, 2021, 11:48:50 AM »
Getaway

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 07, 2021, 08:14:22 AM »
Trouble with the curve

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 09, 2021, 06:53:54 AM »
Stumptown

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 09, 2021, 06:56:05 AM »
Death Sentence

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 13, 2021, 04:23:35 PM »
Gran Torino by Clint

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 14, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »
S & H

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2021, 06:56:24 PM »
Redline 7000

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 20, 2021, 10:38:15 AM »
A George Barris creation in the 1977 movie The Car

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 03, 2021, 06:58:04 PM »

The Mule - The late great Clint Eastwood

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

S7MS427

• View Profile
    • S-Tech Enterprises, LLC
« Reply #374 on: November 03, 2021, 09:51:33 PM »
The Mule - The late great Clint Eastwood

OK, he is pretty old at 91 but still seems to be alive. Did he die today or something?
Roy Simkins
http://www.S-TechEnt.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040