Author Topic: Photo Posting Poll  (Read 26011 times)

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Photo Posting Poll
« on: June 05, 2018, 12:00:05 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but are there any plans in the works to resurrect the "Attachments and other options" feature to post an image on a thread post. I've seen in the past that there have been threads with polling buttons for certain subjects. I'm not sure how to do that on the forum, and it most likely can only be done through a moderator, however if someone can do it lets take a poll. Who currently likes the way you post a picture and who prefers the old old way of doing so.

The reason I'm going back to this is I can tell by reading quite a few threads that there would usually be an image associated with the post. Either for something for sale etc. There are more and more "email me for pictures" when they should just be posted in the thread. My hunch is there are quite a few out there that haven't mastered, nor want to deal with the new posting method. The lack of images certainly takes away from the interest factor IMHO.

So if you know how to create a thread with a poll, please do so. It would be interesting to see how many feel the old way was much better-

Jeff
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Posting Poll
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:06:13 PM »
forgot my image!! LOL-

SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 12:21:19 PM »
I definitely prefer the old way.  I can not figure out how to post a picture and am envious of those that can.  Also, these super huge pictures are very inconvenient.  I can never see the complete car/image, I have to scroll and only see a part of the car at any given time.

Dkutz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 12:36:29 PM »
yeah its definitely a hassle.  Hopefully it can be returned to the OLD WAY

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 01:16:45 PM »
The old way was a little simpler, at least for small thumbnails you had to click on to enlarge.  I definitely like the larger images, except when they are too big (over 1000 width) and you have to scroll.  I'm not sure what caused the dreaded black box on the old forum, but I will suffer with the new way over that!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »
I dont think its as hard as people are making it. You upload a picture to the forum and reference it in your thread

Wedgeman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »
I am hoping it will return to the previous way of posting a pic.....

6s2020

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 02:19:04 PM »
I dont think its as hard as people are making it. You upload a picture to the forum and reference it in your thread

Weather the issue with the pictures is real or perceived, it remains an issue that makes this site less appealing and less interesting.

Wedgeman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 03:32:56 PM »
+1

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 04:37:37 PM »
I still cant up load a Photo from my Photo File.  Team Shelby has the easiest way to post a Photo in your post.

Al G

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 05:21:47 PM »
I use my phone more than my computer.  I can easily upload a photo to my gallery but can't find a way to put the photo in a post from my phone.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 05:36:02 PM »
+1
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »
It would be great to have a one step (e.g., click) process for uploading pics to a thread / post versus having to load to the forum and then to a thread or post.  And, it's not as easy as two steps, really.  There are more steps involved with posting to the forum than one click, let alone to a thread or post afterwards.

Nothing beats a classic!

Dizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 08:11:47 PM »
For some reason the quote "Let them eat cake" comes to my mind. What is the difference between a "real problem" and a "perceived problem" ? I found it easier to create a link to different site that I could post picture .

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 09:27:09 PM »

Weather the issue with the pictures is real or perceived, it remains an issue that makes this site less appealing and less interesting.

Agreed
68 GT350 Lives Matter!