News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Photo Posting Poll

Started by terlingua11, June 05, 2018, 12:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

I was able to use "my gallery" a few times, but now can't seem to get it to work at all - it says something about selecting a category(?)

I've gone back to the "old way" of 3rd party hosting (currently using IMGUR), and it seems to be OK
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Richstang

It really doesn't take that much time to post to the gallery then to your post, maybe an extra minute.
Yes, It's not as easy as the attachment version, but the large displayed image is a big plus.

You can also keep the size within the screen size by adding in " width=999" after img.
Leave a space so it looks like this "img width=999".
I've not only done this with my posts, but also to others oversized photos, when I want to reply.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Rodster-500

Quote from: 6s2020 on June 05, 2018, 02:19:04 PM

Weather the issue with the pictures is real or perceived, it remains an issue that makes this site less appealing and less interesting.

+2

It's 2018 and we are discussing posting pictures on a forum.   ::)   Something seriously wrong.

None of the other forums I follow have any issues posting pictures.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on June 05, 2018, 12:21:19 PM
I definitely prefer the old way.  I can not figure out how to post a picture and am envious of those that can.  Also, these super huge pictures are very inconvenient.  I can never see the complete car/image, I have to scroll and only see a part of the car at any given time.
Quote from: KR Convertible on June 05, 2018, 01:16:45 PM
The old way was a little simpler, at least for small thumbnails you had to click on to enlarge.  I definitely like the larger images, except when they are too big (over 1000 width) and you have to scroll.  I'm not sure what caused the dreaded black box on the old forum, but I will suffer with the new way over that!
Quote from: Wedgeman on June 05, 2018, 02:02:22 PM
I am hoping it will return to the previous way of posting a pic.....

I know exactly how everybody feels. I prefer the Old Shelby's to the new ones. I just don't like they way the new ones look or sound or handle. Sure its new and improved but I like the old way they sound/handle.

While we're at it do you think we can go back to the flip phone and get rid of all the touch face glass thingies? Man I love the old flips. It use to make me feel like I was asking Scotty to beam me up... those were the days.

Life is so darn tough nowadays.   ;)

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Quote from: Rodster-500 on June 05, 2018, 10:43:12 PM

It's 2018 and we are discussing posting pictures on a forum.   ::)   Something seriously wrong.

None of the other forums I follow have any issues posting pictures.

^^^This!

None of the other forums I follow have had picture uploading issues for 15-16 years now.

SFM6S087

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on June 05, 2018, 11:18:03 PM
I definitely prefer the old way.  I can not figure out how to post a picture and am envious of those that can.  Also, these super huge pictures are very inconvenient.  I can never see the complete car/image, I have to scroll and only see a part of the car at any given time.
The old way was a little simpler, at least for small thumbnails you had to click on to enlarge.  I definitely like the larger images, except when they are too big (over 1000 width) and you have to scroll.  I'm not sure what caused the dreaded black box on the old forum, but I will suffer with the new way over that!

I know exactly how everybody feels. I prefer the Old Shelby's to the new ones. I just don't like they way the new ones look or sound or handle. Sure its new and improved but I like the old way they sound/handle.

While we're at it do you think we can go back to the flip phone and get rid of all the touch face glass thingies? Man I love the old flips. It use to make me feel like I was asking Scotty to beam me up... those were the days.

I'm still using a flip phone. And, NO, you can't have mine. Ha, ha!

Steve

shelbydoug

Quote from: SFM6S087 on June 06, 2018, 03:58:54 AM

I'm still using a flip phone. And, NO, you can't have mine. Ha, ha!

Steve

No one is stopping you from using your flip phones. No one is stopping you from flipping your hair up out of your face. You still do have hair to flip right?  :o

Whitewalls. That's the ticket. Whitewalls.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TOBKOB

QuoteI'm still using a flip phone. And, NO, you can't have mine. Ha, ha!

+1  ;D

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

terlingua11

testing the width=999 thing. Again, took me way too long to get this image up. Just say'n.....

width=999
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Rodster-500

You are missing the point big time.

We went backwards. Forum 2.0 went back to the flip phone era.  Sure we had the dreaded black box issue that never got resolved in Forum 1.0, but posting pictures was up to date.

No other forum I've seen operates like this one.

The crash of Forum 1.0 and the issues with Forum 2.0 does not bode well for SAAC.

It's not that life is tough, people will get fed up and just stop participating.

I'm not sure you know how everyone feels.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Rodster-500 on June 06, 2018, 10:23:20 PM

I'm not missing anything. My post was sarcasm, but many missed that.  :o 

Everything is changing.  If you can't keep up with progress then you fall behind.

It's not that life is tough, people will get fed up and just stop participating.

If people stop participating cause they can't figure out something a simple as how to load a picture, nothing I can do about it.  :'(

I have absolutely no problem loading pictures.  I'll still be here. Sure, I don't have any pictures of girls bent over in front of a car or opinions about driverless vehicles, but I contribute where I can.

No other forum I've seen operates like this one.

This forum operates on the exact same platform as CMF and the CJ forum. I have no problem loading pictures there either.

We went backwards. Forum 2.0 went back to the flip phone era.  Sure we had the dreaded black box issue that never got resolved in Forum 1.0, but posting pictures was up to date.

FYI the picture uploading IMPROVED over Forum 1.0, no joke.

I'm not sure you know how everyone feels.

As far as EVERYONE feels, I FEEL you are exaggerating. Not EVERYONE has issues loading pictures, just ask Tony. He's very good at it.

JMHO

Chris
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

mgreene

Chris, not exactly true - just went to the CJ forum, was able to add a photo directly to a post - no gallery upload needed, no black box, no size limit, works like a charm. Not sure why this forum with many more member and activity can not work the same.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

shelbydoug

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on June 07, 2018, 12:11:52 AM

I'm not missing anything. My post was sarcasm, but many missed that.  :o 

Everything is changing.  If you can't keep up with progress then you fall behind.

Chris

Really? How can you call this progress? Facts are all relative? Another alternate reality statement if you ask me.

The question is why is the administrator completely absent on this issue AGAIN?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

NC TRACKRAT

....and while we're at it, since Version 2.0 is an improvement, when do we get the ability to display our SAAC Member badges?
5S071, 6S1467

Greg

I appreciate the point of view "just learn the new way" but if you read the majority, they are saying "THE NEW WAY" is terrible and not an improvement and I for one agree with them. 

If your in the software business, the first thing you learn is any program has to be intuitive in order for it to be successful.  Could you imagine going back to the DOSS days, NO and neither can anyone else. 

The developer can fix this easily if they will, if they don't they just don't care or not interested in taking some extra time to fix it because now it is just a work around. 

Make it easy, retain and gain more people!
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1