News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Photo Posting Poll

Started by terlingua11, June 05, 2018, 12:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wedgeman

Same here... I have stopped trying to post pics.......

Dsten

Tried to take a picture, but well ..........

Re: Says the photo upload folder is full?
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 04:29:01 PM »
QuoteModifyRemove
Still the most un-user friendly forum out there!
I would imagine many others , like me have just given up trying to post .
What's the impact on membership????

s2ms

I personally haven't had any trouble posting pics here on Forum v2 and didn't think it was a big deal but decided to run a test just to see some real number differences between two forums.

Made a dummy reply and went through all the upload image steps but didn't actually hit "Post" on both this forum and the Concours forum.

I had not posted any pics here for awhile and the first attempt took me 70 seconds but was fumbling through it. I made a second attempt which only took 25 seconds after refreshing my memory on the process. Adding a second photo took 12-13 seconds. I could not get the "Bulk Upload" feature to work.

Posting a single photo on the Concours forum took 10 seconds. Doesn't look like it supports adding bulk photos at once but adding a second photo only took 4-5 seconds.

FWIW...

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

Hosting a picture, whether it be here or on a dedicated hosting site is the work around.

It should just be way easier. There should be a manage attachments button that will automatically size the picture and post it.

Those Software add-ons have been around for 15 years now.

Wedgeman

+ 1.....there...that should be as long as it should take...

fm hipo gt 1966

Even a french guy succeeded to post pictures, come on guys, do your best, not intuitive but working well.
Thank you for the forum and to those who maintain it.

Chris Thauberger

I think were are looking for a solution without a problem.

Some sites are easier? Then post pictures there. I go to those site too so I will see the picture.

Several of us have offered solutions to the non-problem yet some still grumble "it's to hard".

If you not willing to use the tools available then don't. I'm sure then rest of us will cope.

Chris
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Coralsnake

Agreed, if you want to post pictures you can. Its not the website.

shelbydoug

This is just picture posting elitism if you ask me. Maybe you should be given a special badge for accomplishing that?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on June 09, 2018, 11:48:44 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on June 09, 2018, 10:31:53 AM
This is just picture posting elitism if you ask me. Maybe you should be given a special badge for accomplishing that?

I just don't think this site needs to cater to the lowest common denominator.  Oh wait, that sounds elitist. I admit it, I'm an elitist because I can post pictures. Where's may badge?

shelbydoug

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on June 09, 2018, 11:59:23 AM

I just don't think this site needs to cater to the lowest common denominator.  Oh wait, that sounds elitist. I admit it, I'm an elitist because I can post pictures. Where's may badge?

So now I'm the lowest common denominator? Really? I'll remember that and that YOU said it.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: shelbydoug on June 09, 2018, 01:29:02 PM

So now I'm the lowest common denominator? Really? I'll remember that and that YOU said it.  ;)

Lol (yes I'm laughing at you)

The expression "lowest common denominator" is used to describe (usually in a disapproving manner) a rule, proposal, opinion, or media that is deliberately simplified so as to appeal to the largest possible number of people.

Over and out

Chris

I think you guys are missing the big picture.

If you want to keep the site limited to 2-25 guys, your way (hosting) is ok.

We need to face the fact that everyone expects picture loading to be fast and easy. If they want to encourage more participation, we need to do it. It is obviously doable as other sites have had it for close to 15 years. Nobody is arguing that you cannot load a picture. Please don't explain anymore that because you can do it, our system is fine.

It is a rare occasion someone new comes aboard here. Have you wondered if we had more content (Pictures) if that would change? Or did you want it to be a tiny exclusive club?

A club that is not growing is dying.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on June 09, 2018, 01:49:44 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on June 09, 2018, 01:29:02 PM

Lol (yes I'm laughing at you)

The expression "lowest common denominator" is used to describe (usually in a disapproving manner) a rule, proposal, opinion, or media that is deliberately simplified so as to appeal to the largest possible number of people.

Over and out

Chris

>:(
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Jim Herrud

Let's not be condescending.
(That's when you talk down to people.)
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.