Author Topic: Photo Posting Poll  (Read 26026 times)

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Posting Poll
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2018, 06:48:28 PM »
I think you guys are missing the big picture.

If you want to keep the site limited to 2-25 guys, your way (hosting) is ok.

We need to face the fact that everyone expects picture loading to be fast and easy. If they want to encourage more participation, we need to do it. It is obviously doable as other sites have had it for close to 15 years. Nobody is arguing that you cannot load a picture. Please don't explain anymore that because you can do it, our system is fine.

It is a rare occasion someone new comes aboard here. Have you wondered if we had more content (Pictures) if that would change? Or did you want it to be a tiny exclusive club?

A club that is not growing is dying.

++++1
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2018, 06:51:50 PM »
I will say this: the fact that we’ve had 61 (now 62) posts on this subject in 4 days ought to say a lot.

In fact, this (to me) seems to be the most decisive topic since the forum came back up.

Just sayin’...
Nothing beats a classic!

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2018, 07:38:54 AM »
I polled my 24 year old son and his response was WOW, you guys are years behind and he wouldn't fool with it.  Guys I believe we are we looking for new blood to join the SAAC aren't we.... as I look around, we are all getting old... LOL 

I challenge the supporters of the new way to sit your son, daughter, wife, or husband down and ask them to post a picture WITHOUT giving them the instructions and see what they say.

Then maybe you will stop defending a bad decision.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2018, 09:58:43 AM »
When a COLLECTIVE GROUP is having problems,struggling so to speak would require a FIX in most peoples eyes. Just because the powers to be have been doing things wrong for a very long time doesn't make it easy or right. In the beginning man tried to roll a SQUARE WHEEL and he did and thought it was good, until someone else figured out that if you chip off the edges and make it ROUND it will roll with very little effort. There is always a faster better easier way to do things, digging ones heels in and saying that's the way we do things ,makes people un happy- This is a tiny microcosm of the automotive world lets hold on to what we have and COLLECTIVLY FIX THINGS THAT APPEAR TO BE WRONG OR BROKEN! I know it takes time money effort but if we don't do it, there will not be long lines of people willing to get in the mix. Look at the people who have NOT returned to this forum after the crash,look at the conventions from the past until today we had hundreds of cars show up in the past now maybe a few dozen :'(. Cmon people all items that will help the group should be considered...

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2018, 10:56:42 AM »
When a COLLECTIVE GROUP is having problems,struggling so to speak would require a FIX in most peoples eyes. Just because the powers to be have been doing things wrong for a very long time doesn't make it easy or right. In the beginning man tried to roll a SQUARE WHEEL and he did and thought it was good, until someone else figured out that if you chip off the edges and make it ROUND it will roll with very little effort. There is always a faster better easier way to do things, digging ones heels in and saying that's the way we do things ,makes people un happy- This is a tiny microcosm of the automotive world lets hold on to what we have and COLLECTIVLY FIX THINGS THAT APPEAR TO BE WRONG OR BROKEN! I know it takes time money effort but if we don't do it, there will not be long lines of people willing to get in the mix. Look at the people who have NOT returned to this forum after the crash,look at the conventions from the past until today we had hundreds of cars show up in the past now maybe a few dozen :'(. Cmon people all items that will help the group should be considered...

One of the possibilities here is that the "administration" just doesn't care about this. There has been absolutely no input from that end.

The black box was complained about for years and the need for a better server was known almost from the beginning. The only reason that was changed was that the old one was completely crashed and the only solution was to install a new one or just let the entire forum die.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Rodster-500

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2018, 11:36:55 AM »
Bottom line is, 'we' the forum participants can do little but point out issues and suggest improvements but the execution has to come from the folks running the club and making decisions.

I'm guessing there is a SAAC board of directors that decide how membership dues are allocated, where help is needed, develop a roadmap for the club going forward, etc etc.  ???

Why no comments or communication from the folks in charge?

Looking back, it seems the forum was not a priority or issues like the dreaded black box would have been resolved and there would have been a real back up in place to preserve the huge wealth of information and knowledge that was growing every day and slowly becoming a crown jewel of the club.   It had to be obvious how important the forum was to the health of the club?

Forum 2.0 is here and no better.

Undoubtedly the crash of Forum 1.0 was a huge loss in both information and enthusiasm from which we will never fully recover. Sad but true.

Conventions will never be like SAAC 8 in Dearborn either.

On the current course, SAAC will be the keeper of the registries, an annual publication and some internet resources to allow folks to communicate.

It's been a great run, and I thank all those in charge and all those who volunteered their time and efforts over the years to promote the cars and hobby.

Times are changing.

Complaining here is a waste of time.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2018, 12:09:08 PM »
Most everyone's hearts,opinions,actions are all in the right place. The problem is there is no real direction for the club it runs on auto pilot and peoples passion for these cars. It appears to me like the dues are like tithings for your local church it makes us feel good temporarily until we see the preachers-pastors driving new cars,flying around in their new jets etc. Most just want to be with like minded people sharing the same passion they feel with these cars. They want to see things move forward see more harmony,more bonding and less spouting off from the peanut gallery that this guys car had the engine block painted the wrong color,why does it have Lemans stripes on a 67,figure out the complicated picture format etc. etc. I could go on and on,this drives most away from this forum. I personally get a kick out of the nonsense as does a few others but if we collectively put our heads together we can make this a better experience. I feel we are on the edge, if something doesn't get initiated soon this will fade into oblivion.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2018, 02:02:11 PM »
How do you know when you are dead?

Does everything stop or do we just continue on spirtitually?

I think we are dead. I think we are just the ghosts that haunt this place?

Rather then say, "I give up", I'd rather say I have "suspension of disbelief"? It sounds like there is something deep involved here?  ;)

I'm just going to keep haunting the streets here. Kind of like the "Headless Horseman" in Washington Irving's story. "Long flowing grey hair, turning to white. You can sometimes catch a glimpse of him tearing through the hollow at midnight under a full moon. Gee-ze. I sure wish he would put some new mufflers on that thing. I was just nodding off."

-But you're a legend in your own time
-A hero in the footlights
-Playin' tunes to fit your rhyme
-But a legends only a lonely boy
-When he goes home alone.

Ah yes. Carly's version?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2018, 02:24:08 PM »
I like Sammys version better- I CANT DRIVE 55!..... ;)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2018, 03:23:12 PM »
"I am a analog man in a digital world..."
                                             Joe Walsh

Personally I do not care as how a system works, so long as it does work.  Kind of like how my Shelby runs. It is mean, rough, and problematic; but with the help of volunteers and a lot of free SAAC advice, it will get going and I am more than satisfied with the archaic (to the modern world) ride.   8)

sg66

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2018, 04:00:01 PM »
I polled my 24 year old son and his response was WOW, you guys are years behind and he wouldn't fool with it.  Guys I believe we are we looking for new blood to join the SAAC aren't we.... as I look around, we are all getting old... LOL 

I challenge the supporters of the new way to sit your son, daughter, wife, or husband down and ask them to post a picture WITHOUT giving them the instructions and see what they say.

Then maybe you will stop defending a bad decision.
I asked my 21 year old and he suggested entering this into the Rube Goldberg machine contest https://www.rubegoldberg.com

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2018, 06:17:06 PM »
I like Sammys version better- I CANT DRIVE 55!..... ;)

A regular roll model?

My Maserati does 185,
I lost my license now I don't drive

Should I continue?   :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2018, 06:48:29 PM »
I asked my 21 year old and he suggested entering this into the Rube Goldberg machine contest https://www.rubegoldberg.com

LOL! But accurate  ::)

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2018, 07:41:24 PM »
Do any of the SAAC Board of Directors frequent the forum?

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:46:12 PM by Greg »
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2018, 07:52:57 PM »
Emeritus is spelled the way I typed it ;D