Author Topic: Photo Posting Poll  (Read 26015 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Posting Poll
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »
Do any of the SAAC Board of Directors frequent the forum?

ok. Here's the thing. Out of that list, only Scudder shows up here? 'nough said? ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Cobra567

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2018, 10:44:27 PM »
I will go on record saying that I can not post picts on forum 2.0.  I have read posts were people are asking for picts of specific features from an original survivor car.  I dont respond as its to complicated to post the picture.  Therefore the community is suffering due to the attitude of the few that chose to not care what the community is asking for.  The elitism attitude is mind boggling. 

Wedgeman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2018, 02:31:27 AM »
I have not  seen the.... Moderator....on here in a long time... :-[
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:33:35 AM by Wedgeman »

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2018, 08:04:28 AM »
Who is "in charge" of the SAAC?  There has to be somebody, surely the guys that have been a member of it for a long time can chime in.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2018, 08:09:27 AM »
That's why there are retirement parties.....  Time to pass the torch to the next younger group ;) Carry on-

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2018, 08:36:49 AM »
Just sayin,,,not directed at anyone in particular...if you can do it better, maybe its time to start another forum....

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2018, 08:53:27 AM »
Just sayin,,,not directed at anyone in particular...if you can do it better, maybe its time to start another forum....

That's the point. No one wants to do it or has the philanthropic interest to invest.

This forum is self running by the robot now.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2018, 08:55:50 AM »

That is a pretty poor attitude/response to have and believe it or not, will only hurt the SAAC. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the SAAC is for anyone willing to pay their dues and wants to help proliferate the message of Shelby ownership and restoration, is that correct?  That being said, all input should be listened to and considered.  As I said in early posts regarding this particular subject, if a change can't be made either due to resources or the architect just doesn't know how, then that is an answer.  But to date I haven't seen the architect say anything.  Have you? 

The problem is then heightened by the fact that the board of directors are also silent.  Could you or I do it better, who knows but I will say, I would at least post a response.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2018, 08:58:46 AM »
I have certainly seen Jay on the Forum
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2018, 09:10:15 AM »

That is a pretty poor attitude/response to have and believe it or not, will only hurt the SAAC. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the SAAC is for anyone willing to pay their dues and wants to help proliferate the message of Shelby ownership and restoration, is that correct?  That being said, all input should be listened to and considered.  As I said in early posts regarding this particular subject, if a change can't be made either due to resources or the architect just doesn't know how, then that is an answer.  But to date I haven't seen the architect say anything.  Have you? 

The problem is then heightened by the fact that the board of directors are also silent.  Could you or I do it better, who knows but I will say, I would at least post a response.

I think that we now need an archeologist? There are just historical artifacts that need to be examined, categorized and explain how this ancient society existed and what caused its demise?

Did we leave pyramids in the jungle somewhere? Maybe there's an undiscovered missing Cobra there?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2018, 09:15:54 AM »
We all want things to move forward Greg but Doug and others have been around along time and have seen the downward spiral for years. The harsh reality is the train wheels have been flying off for years and now it appears to be ready to fly OFF the tracks. There is not one person to save this situation it will take all of us but at least now this seems to have come to a head and is recognized as a real problem. Where we go from here is up to those that have the where withal to steer the ship, keep the engines running, cocktail waitresses, and EVERYONE ELSE that can help this club stay afloat...

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2018, 10:18:58 AM »
I can see both sides here.  I took the time and learned how to post pictures.  It is more involved than before, but it was important enough for me to struggle through.  On the other hand, the occasional user with a new discovery or some old pictures to post, isn't going to invest the time to learn how, and we will lose out on that information, and probably that user.  IMHO, this forum is a key to increasing or decreasing SAAC membership and in turn interest in the brand, and even the value of the cars to a degree.

Is the SAAC forum supported by membership dues?  If so, maybe when renewal time comes, we should stop renewing and give the lack of forum support as the reason for it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:11:35 PM by KR Convertible »

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2018, 11:02:10 AM »
We all want things to move forward Greg but Doug and others have been around along time and have seen the downward spiral for years. The harsh reality is the train wheels have been flying off for years and now it appears to be ready to fly OFF the tracks. There is not one person to save this situation it will take all of us but at least now this seems to have come to a head and is recognized as a real problem. Where we go from here is up to those that have the where withal to steer the ship, keep the engines running, cocktail waitresses, and EVERYONE ELSE that can help this club stay afloat...

I've been around so long when I was born, the Dead Sea was just sick.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2018, 11:40:17 AM »
^^
I think the leaning tower of pizza was straight then.
MAybe it got hit by a Ferrari
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Wedgeman

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »
I been around so long......I was a member of...........SOA... ::)