News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shoulder Harness

Started by Steve Z, May 31, 2018, 09:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427hunter

I own 602 and it's a (DSO) Shelby marketing car and sent to the J. Dugan advertising agency by SA. It was ordered 12/09/68 and delivered 01/29/69 and if memory serves me right Shelby was working with the 69 prototypes late in September of 68; so very short the lead time to production, done on the fly to get the cars out.

So just looking at this time line tells me that doing things in a rush was the way things were done and the "pipeline" must have been very short :D

P.S. just finished a three year restoration on 602 which took it's first trip to super car Sunday in Woodland hills today!
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

shelbydoug

It was Ford that contracted with A.O.Smith to actually build the cars. If that contract ended, it was Ford's decision to not put the cars on the main assembly line or find another sub-contractor.

That is easy to say I suppose because there may not have been anyone else interested in building the cars or anyone capable of having an off site assembly line like Smith could?

Consider that Kar Kraft was interested in building the Boss'9's but either wasn't interested, not offered, or not seen as having the capacity to build the Shelby's.

It's unfortunate that there is little documentation on what Kar Kraft or even someone like Bud Moore was developing that we never saw.

SAAC's concentration was on what was being built by Shelby in LA. There was more to it then that.

In those days, I'm not sure everyone knew where to look and to put things together into a larger picture? Probably that was Ford's plan considering that a lot of the info was proprietary?

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Or to say, oh my gosh Im glad it ended?

Normal planning was at least 24 months out.here is a January 68 picture, sp you you know work was being done on the 1969s in 1967

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

propayne

It's unfortunate that there is little documentation on what Kar Kraft or even someone like Bud Moore was developing that we never saw.

AAR too...

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!