News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Garage Find #1587

Started by jgroce1985, June 06, 2018, 11:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalton

roddster

Richstang

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Richstang

lots of work needed here...has original VIN plate.

R Code

Quote from: jgroce1985 on June 06, 2018, 11:46:28 AM
Well after years of searching I finally found my Shelby..

Great looking car (thx for posting the pics Rich).  Congrats on finding your Shelby.  I think it would be really cool to do a mechanical restoration and leave the outside as is.
- Chris

gt350cs

Yes, Rich thanks for getting the pictures posted. I agree that I would most likely get it running as is and enjoy for a while. No need to rush the restoration. Car looks great to me.

Richstang

It does have rough and tough cool looks to it, but wouldn't a mechanical restoration now followed by a restoration later be twice the work?

jgroce1985

Once again thanks Rich, I believe I've figured it out....I'm fighting myself over this same thought. I'm thinking of getting it drivable and road worthy first. Then take it apart to do the full restoration. Here are some more pictures. I put a battery in her last night and everything worked perfect, even the clock was ticking.

BGlover67

You could always do what Jaguar did for Prince Harry and his new wife:

https://www.jaguar.com/about-jaguar/jaguar-classic/authentic-cars/conceptzero.html

You'll need quite a few more batteries though.  ;D
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Richstang

Quote from: jgroce1985 on June 07, 2018, 11:06:24 AM
Once again thanks Rich, I believe I've figured it out....I'm fighting myself over this same thought. I'm thinking of getting it drivable and road worthy first. Then take it apart to do the full restoration. Here are some more pictures. I put a battery in her last night and everything worked perfect, even the clock was ticking.

You got it! Posted photo success!!!
This photo with all the headlights lit up is a great sign of good things to come.

If you have a chance, please take a look to see if the rear valence has any part #'s / date codes. (I'm not certain if they do or not). I think it may have been replaced with this later style Mustang GT stamped version. From the SJ date, the DSO 84-2549, and VIN number, I would have expected it to have the earlier style valence with the exhaust cut out and the '66 Mustang "Hi-Po" trim piece in place. (I could be wrong)

Bigblock

Yes! Another Marshall Ford Shelby.

I lived a few miles from Columbia Station during those years and there were quite a few Shelbys running around. They even were driven in the winter. The owner of my KR lived in that area also, they may have hung out together???

FL SAAC

great find enjoy it to the fullest

Quote from: jgroce1985 on June 06, 2018, 11:46:28 AM
Well after years of searching I finally found my Shelby, number 1587. I purchased her from the original owner with 45k on the speedo. She is all original and all there. In 1971 the owner decided to put a set of 427 heads and a single carb intake. He never finished the job and the car stayed for 47 years in a garage. I have tried to post pictures, but I always get the error
"The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator."
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

R Code

Lazarus!  You know you have a cool car when it shows that much age and still looks amazing.
- Chris

R Code

Quote from: Richstang on June 07, 2018, 10:20:31 AM
It does have rough and tough cool looks to it, but wouldn't a mechanical restoration now followed by a restoration later be twice the work?

Maybe more than 2x the work.  ;)  Just projecting a bit, since my restored car doesn't see 10% of the action that the unrestored one does.
- Chris