News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

gt500 KR barn find

Started by Topblissgt, June 07, 2018, 08:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topblissgt

Quote from: gt350shelb on June 20, 2018, 12:36:34 PM
If this is same car I looked at about 1999 it  is pretty rough . it was  stored  away after a bad restoration.

Not the same car

Coralsnake

My definition of "exceptionally well preserved" must be a little different. Lol

;)

Coralsnake

Interesting hood seal attacment....

Topblissgt

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 21, 2018, 08:36:54 AM
My definition of "exceptionally well preserved" must be a little different. Lol

;)

Yea, not a spot of rust, not one dent and not one ripped interior component over a 50 year span is not well preserved.

Coralsnake

Missing snorkel, heat shield, s-tube, starter delay, complete smog system, fan shroud and a few other parts in the engine bay. The intake looks to have been replaced. Car has the wrong gauges and the wrong shifter. Someone installed a manual choke, so at least part of the carb has been dismantled. There look to be a few other switches added under the dash. No wheel lip mooldings or fender emblems indicates it may have been repainted....it has the wrong shocks, wrong tires, oil cap, radiator cap, battery, etc...and those are just some of the things I can see in the photos...we are easily approaching $10,000 in missing and replaced parts.

You dont really want to challenge that statement do you?

It has a lot of originality, but falls short of "exceptional" in my opinion, but I have seen a lot of nice, original cars.

Topblissgt

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 21, 2018, 10:15:28 AM
Missing snorkel, heat shield, s-tube, starter delay, complete smog system, fan shroud and a few other parts in the engine bay. The intake looks to have been replaced. Car has the wrong gauges and the wrong shifter. Someone installed a manual choke, so at least part of the carb has been dismantled. There look to be a few other switches added under the dash. No wheel lip mooldings or fender emblems indicates it may have been repainted....it has the wrong shocks, wrong tires, etc...and those are just some of the things I can see in the photos...we are easily approaching $10,000 in missing and replaced parts.

It has a lot of originality, but falls short of "exceptional" in my opinion, but I have seen a lot of nice, original cars.

Sure I do.. The car is a normal day 2 type car in near perfect preserved condition. The original intake is also included. You are wrong. But then again its just your opinion which really don't matter, because its not your car or $.

Oh BTW- its 100% original paint too

Coralsnake

Which part is wrong?

The part were I said "maybe repainted" ?

Because every other thing I listed is accurate.

I am not sure what your connection is to the car, but trust me when I say, there are exceptional examples out there, but a car missing thousands of dollars of parts that has been modified and neglected isnt one of them.

If you think it is, thats your opinion. Im not going to say it doesnt matter, because it tells us a lot about you.

Topblissgt

again, its your opinion, which matters very little. Maybe in your mind its a dandy thing, but to the rest of us it means nothing

Coralsnake

again, its your opinion, which matters very little. Maybe in your mind its a dandy thing, but to the rest of us it means nothing

You cant challenge the facts, so a personal insult is a good fall back.

I will provide you with a few examples of exceptionally well preserved cars, so you might understand the difference.

http://www.scottfullerreproductions.com/page/page/5235457.htm

Several of these cars ( including the 1968 Shelbys  ) are exceptional and unrestored.

Topblissgt

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 21, 2018, 11:14:09 AM
You cant challenge the facts, so a personal insult is a good fall back.

I will provide you with a few examples of exceptionally well preserved cars, so you might understand the difference.

http://www.scottfullerreproductions.com/page/page/5235457.htm

Several of these cars ( including the 1968 Shelbys  ) are exceptional and unrestored.

No personal insults, just the facts. If you are insulted(your words) then it is what it is.. You would *think* a guy like you who loves these cars would be happy to see one unearthed, in such such great shape, (original sheet metal and fiberglass).  You would think.. But I guess not.. I know I am happy for the new owner, who got an amazing KR. Hes a great guy too. Try to be happy for others, its goes a long way in this short time we are here on this great Earth

FL SAAC

Quote from: Topblissgt on June 21, 2018, 11:30:48 AM

I know I am happy for the new owner, who got an amazing KR. Hes a great guy too. Try to be happy for others, its goes a long way in this short time we are here on this great Earth
+ 1
we love the way you think
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Topblissgt

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on June 21, 2018, 11:40:45 AM
Quote from: Topblissgt on June 21, 2018, 11:30:48 AM

I know I am happy for the new owner, who got an amazing KR. Hes a great guy too. Try to be happy for others, its goes a long way in this short time we are here on this great Earth
+ 1
we love the way you think

Thanks Tony :)

69mach351w

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 21, 2018, 10:15:28 AM
Missing snorkel, heat shield, s-tube, starter delay, complete smog system, fan shroud and a few other parts in the engine bay. The intake looks to have been replaced. Car has the wrong gauges and the wrong shifter. Someone installed a manual choke, so at least part of the carb has been dismantled. There look to be a few other switches added under the dash. No wheel lip mooldings or fender emblems indicates it may have been repainted....it has the wrong shocks, wrong tires, oil cap, radiator cap, battery, etc...and those are just some of the things I can see in the photos...we are easily approaching $10,000 in missing and replaced parts.

I'm not following you Pete. Has the 140 speedo and 8K tach. also the chrome border around the high beam light indicator.