Author Topic: gt500 KR barn find  (Read 20717 times)

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
Re: gt500 KR barn find
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2018, 12:31:14 PM »
Um he means the under dash gauges which aren’t even close....

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2018, 12:47:16 PM »
Correct, both of the gauges in the console have been changed.

I dont think I have denegrated the owner, the car or the fact it was “found”. I am merely pointing out the people who are either misinformed, ignorant or willfully misrepresenting the car. ..and now that they have been checked, they dont like it and have chosen to go on personal attacks.

:'(

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:29:12 PM by Coralsnake »

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2018, 12:58:04 PM »
I think the car,if truly rust free ,would be a good start for someone wanting to restore..However ,to me,it doesn’t seem to be a great example of a “day two” car...Generally that would involve more performance upgrades/modifications..Frankly with this example(based on pics)it seems more likely that stuff just broke (later as opposed to in period)and got replaced with what was available...Mio due Euro.......

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2018, 01:31:35 PM »
Pics are on the first page of this topic.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2018, 01:42:53 PM »
dont know how to say this so i am just going to say it....neither  of our cars have original air in the tires.

stop, they dont even have original tires......the shame is real...

then in a real heavy accent they heard;  OH NO LAWRENCE ! THAT CAN NOT BE TRUE !

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2018, 02:36:18 PM »
Topblissgt.....I think your statements "Bill, I am actually looking to buy it" and then changing to "I never wanted this car"  makes you seem very insincere if not down right misleading.  I know, you don't care...yada,yada,yada. 

Being that you don't own the car stop defending it as I don't see anyone attacking it.  It seems like a good unrestored driver and no one, including you (unless you are the original owner that drove it from the lot) knows if it is the original paint.  Does it matter, to some yes and to most no. 

The people on here are knowledgeable and some know exactly what screw, type, tread, color etc... should be on every inch of a Shelby so unless you do, take their comments as constructive.  No one is saying the car is junk or a POS, but it is not a time capsule and I hope the new owner runs the wheels off of it!
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2018, 02:41:52 PM »
We can say some of it has been repainted. I just noticed the black tail light panel....

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2018, 02:59:36 PM »
Oh, that stood out right away, and the old style oil fill on the intake.   :o

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2018, 03:17:36 PM »
dont know how to say this so i am just going to say it....neither  of our cars have original air in the tires.

stop, they dont even have original tires......the shame is real...

then in a real heavy accent they heard;  OH NO LAWRENCE ! THAT CAN NOT BE TRUE !

.    Well when I bought my 67 in 82 it had an original speedway 350(bald)on an original mag star (rusty)as a spare in the trunk...had some air in it then,and still does....so....you never know :D

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2018, 03:25:02 PM »
Another couple ?s come to mind on this one.A.Original motor?and(more importantly)B.Does that thing run?

Topblissgt

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2018, 06:53:25 PM »
Im free to defend any car i want whether I own it or not. I was not aware you have to own a car to defend it, which is odd because the people who are criticizing it don't own it,  but that seems to be ok

Topblissgt.....I think your statements "Bill, I am actually looking to buy it" and then changing to "I never wanted this car"  makes you seem very insincere if not down right misleading.  I know, you don't care...yada,yada,yada. 

Being that you don't own the car stop defending it as I don't see anyone attacking it.  It seems like a good unrestored driver and no one, including you (unless you are the original owner that drove it from the lot) knows if it is the original paint.  Does it matter, to some yes and to most no. 

The people on here are knowledgeable and some know exactly what screw, type, tread, color etc... should be on every inch of a Shelby so unless you do, take their comments as constructive.  No one is saying the car is junk or a POS, but it is not a time capsule and I hope the new owner runs the wheels off of it!

Topblissgt

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2018, 06:54:25 PM »
Another couple ?s come to mind on this one.A.Original motor?and(more importantly)B.Does that thing run?

A. Yes

B. it runs great

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2018, 07:03:27 PM »
people, i just want to say, you know,  can we all get along?

famous words by the late Mr. Rodney King
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Tired Sheep

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2018, 08:10:49 PM »
.....I think your statements "Bill, I am actually looking to buy it" and then changing to "I never wanted this car"  makes you seem very insincere if not down right misleading.  I know, you don't care...yada,yada,yada. 

Correct. I think someones upset their unrealistic expectation of the price, wasnt accepted by the estate. Now they have backed themselves into a corner and have no way to save face.

Defend on, my good man, defend on....I see a “ you guys are all aholes” coming....

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2018, 08:15:27 PM »
people, i just want to say, you know,  can we all get along?

famous words by the late Mr. Rodney King

Apparently not. This is what an unmoderated forum looks like.  >:(
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt