News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

gt500 KR barn find

Started by Topblissgt, June 07, 2018, 08:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Topblissgt on June 21, 2018, 06:53:25 PM
Im free to defend any car i want whether I own it or not. I was not aware you have to own a car to defend it, which is odd because the people who are criticizing it don't own it,  but that seems to be ok

Nobody is criticizing the car, only the description/hype.

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Just a car boys.....(It ain't world peace....and by that I don't mean the former R. Artest ;D)

Steve Z

" NEWS FLASH " The new owner was so upset about all this negative post on this forum. He drove the car into the lake and left it. Then jumped off the Bridge!!. More details tonight on on Channel 8. Another Shelby lost.   

What lake?Restorable?I could use a (slightly soggy)68.......

Greg

Quote from: 557 on June 22, 2018, 09:44:30 AM
What lake?Restorable?I could use a (slightly soggy)68.......

Its too soon, you have to let it marinate at the bottom of the lake for 30 years to command the "barn find/original/unrestored/WOW factor for the BIG money... ;D
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

FL SAAC

Humor and the "good life" seem to go hand-in-hand. Funny people seem to move effortlessly through the world.

Laugh as often as you can ,  life is shot and you don't know what's awaiting just around the corner.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Topblissgt

Quote from: Steve Z on June 22, 2018, 07:45:01 AM
    " NEWS FLASH " The new owner was so upset about all this negative post on this forum. He drove the car into the lake and left it. Then jumped off the Bridge!!. More details tonight on on Channel 8. Another Shelby lost.

LOL too funny Steve. I hope he at least saved the incorrect gauges, shifter and painted rear panel before it went under

Topblissgt

Quote from: Tired Sheep on June 21, 2018, 08:10:49 PM
Quote.....I think your statements "Bill, I am actually looking to buy it" and then changing to "I never wanted this car"  makes you seem very insincere if not down right misleading.  I know, you don't care...yada,yada,yada. 

Correct. I think someones upset their unrealistic expectation of the price, wasnt accepted by the estate. Now they have backed themselves into a corner and have no way to save face.

Defend on, my good man, defend on....I see a " you guys are all aholes" coming....

umm no. I don't gave the garage space to buy another car. If I wanted it, I would have bought it. Six cars are enough for me. If you must know the truth, I was going to buy it, take it to MCACN and put in the barn finds section this year then flip it, but this car deserved more

69mach351w

Quote from: Topblissgt on June 22, 2018, 10:56:56 AM
Quote from: Steve Z on June 22, 2018, 07:45:01 AM

LOL too funny Steve. I hope he at least saved the incorrect gauges, shifter and painted rear panel before it went under
It's a 3-speed shifter handle. I'm sure the past owner knew that and just wanted something to grab on to, to shift the gears ::)
The original probably got stolen, replaced. etc,. over the last 50 years and the owner just threw the 3-speed knob on there.

427heaven

Apparently there are a few that would kick a super model out of bed because they heard a fart under the blanket. SHEESH just sayin that's what makes the world go around, different cars for different people. If there are any more barn finds that no one is interested in please PM me. I wont complain or pick it apart I will aim my truck and trailer in your direction QUICKLY.

Coralsnake

I fear this is quickly turning into the Shelby version of VMF

Rodster-500

Quote from: caspian65 on June 21, 2018, 09:14:13 PM

Nobody is criticizing the car, only the description/hype.

Exactly...

I feel like this is a waste of time to repeat but no one is picking apart the car.  Read the description and go back and look at the photos and comments by the folks who know these cars.   "exceptionally well preserved" is issue, not the car.

It's a great find and a great car but if it goes public as-is, do you really want unknowing folks to think this is standard for "exceptionally well preserved"?

Seriously, Forum 2.0 has become more emotion and less facts.  #@(*  #^@ soap opera.

Greg

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 22, 2018, 02:23:59 PM
I fear this is quickly turning into the Shelby version of VMF

What some view as "picking a car apart", others like me view as education.  I appreciate knowing what is and is not factory correct.  As I said in a previous post, not one person said the car was junk or they wouldn't buy it if given the opportunity.  Lets don't make the forum so fickle that the ones that are educated in concours can't comment without being attacked.   
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Topblissgt

The funny part is that NO ONE asked for anyone's opinion on what was correct or incorrect. I went thru all the posts and there was not a single statement like, "what do you guys think of this find??  "What is incorrect or correct"

Yet, we still get those here why are picking apart this persons amazing find.