News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

how to post a picture tutorial # 68

Started by Coralsnake, June 08, 2018, 04:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Maybe this will help? Go to Gallery and hit "ADD Picture"

Coralsnake

Under user gallery click "my gallery"

Coralsnake

You have to give your picture a title and then select browse

Coralsnake

once you hit browse you can upload your picture.

That wasn't hard was it?

Corey Bowcutt

So does that load the picture into some gallery that is then used to draw from when posting?  How do you access this gallery when you are posting and want to attach a picture?

Coralsnake

silverton_ford

Great tutorial.  That is exactly how I do it.  Pretty simple really; after a little practice.

A time saver that has helped me is to have two SAAC Forum browsers open.   One browser is the thread I am responding to and the other browser is the Gallery section where I am uploading pictures.   Then I don't have to try to get back to the thread, I just go to the other browser that is already open.   

I rarely look at each sub-section individually, I mainly just keep up with the unread posts, so if I get out of a thread I usually don't know which sub section it was posted to.  Two browsers open is a key to time saving.   :)

terlingua11

I think it's more about the guy 6 months form now who doesn't want to research how to do it. We loose his images or his post because he can't figure it out. I attached an image from the Boss302forum site. Intuitive is the word I want to use. Not opening 2 browsers to keep track of where your at. Then posting to the gallery then copying and pasting the thread and adding width=999.

Attach it to the bottom of the message. Done.

This is gong to be my last comment on this, but I think we are missing the point. New users months from now are not wanting to do the dance. No other forums have this craziness, why should ours. We loose on this.

width=999
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: silverton_ford on June 08, 2018, 05:19:20 PM
Great tutorial.  That is exactly how I do it.  Pretty simple really; after a little practice.

A time saver that has helped me is to have two SAAC Forum browsers open.   One browser is the thread I am responding to and the other browser is the Gallery section where I am uploading pictures.   Then I don't have to try to get back to the thread, I just go to the other browser that is already open.   

I rarely look at each sub-section individually, I mainly just keep up with the unread posts, so if I get out of a thread I usually don't know which sub section it was posted to.  Two browsers open is a key to time saving.   :)

Bingo Brian. You nailed it. That's exactly how I do it two browsers at the same time. Just takes a bit of practice.

Chris
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

69mach351w

Quote from: silverton_ford on June 08, 2018, 05:19:20 PM

BINGO, That's exactly what I do. And I've downloaded about 30 photos.

Greg

Also don't forget the part about... stand up, turn around 5 times, click your heels three times and tada...The picture is uploaded .....   ;D

Seriously, more than two clicks and its two much.....ask any software developer and they will agree.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Rodster-500

Quote from: terlingua11 on June 08, 2018, 05:42:27 PM
I think it's more about the guy 6 months form now who doesn't want to research how to do it. We loose his images or his post because he can't figure it out. I attached an image from the Boss302forum site. Intuitive is the word I want to use. Not opening 2 browsers to keep track of where your at. Then posting to the gallery then copying and pasting the thread and adding width=999.

This is gong to be my last comment on this, but I think we are missing the point. New users months from now are not wanting to do the dance. No other forums have this craziness, why should ours. We loose on this.

Bingo, Bingo and Bingo

Listening to LP's/Albums/Vinyl is still easy to do, I just prefer not to since I can simply stream audio.

First the total loss of Forum 1.0 now this, move over Myspace, SAAC forum is coming to join you.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Rodster-500 on June 08, 2018, 11:00:53 PM
Quote from: terlingua11 on June 08, 2018, 05:42:27 PM

Bingo, Bingo and Bingo

Listening to LP's/Albums/Vinyl is still easy to do, I just prefer not to since I can simply stream audio.

First the total loss of Forum 1.0 now this, move over Myspace, SAAC forum is coming to join you.

Meh...

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

We need more than 7 guys posting pics.

Make it 2 click simple. Just like other forums have been doing since 2005.  ::)

sg66

Quote from: 2112 on June 09, 2018, 01:22:08 AM
We need more than 7 guys posting pics.

Make it 2 click simple. Just like other forums have been doing since 2005.  ::)
Can it be done? Yes
Is it simple? No
Is it easy from a phone? No

I recently posted this pic of CSX2136 from SAAC 10. To do it, I used my iPhone to take a picture of a picture and post. It goes without saying that converting to a digital format is on me but resizing, loading, linking to a thread shouldn't be. I have lots of old pics, many I posted on the old site but don't intend to jump through hoops to make them fit here