News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Wiper switch wiring disconnect help

Started by 6s1640, June 10, 2018, 01:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi All,

I need to replace the wiper switch, but am having difficulty disconnecting the wiring harness.  I can't seam to find any levers to pinch to release the grip.  Any suggestions? 

I swear I have done in the past, but can't figure it out this time.  Coming back from a Show and Shine I went through a cloud burst with no wipers.  Good thing I was going fast enough, most the water was running off the windshield.

Thanks

Cory

GT350Lad

"Good thing I was going fast enough" love it Cory. No wipers needed mate
6S373
6S1276

TLea

Cory.  I can check when I get into the shop tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it just plugs into the back of the switch with no release tabs

mygt350

Cory, it just slips on the rear of the housing. No tongs or clips.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

jamesfee

Cory, I believe the guys are correct that the plug just pushes on (but can be damned ornery from corrosion).
As a sidenote, I have found that Rain-X offers significant help without relying on speed in a downpour. The original wipers are modest at best in making the water go away. I have found that a good cleaning and a coat of Rain-X helps visibility in unexpected bad weather when driving.

j
6S1801

papa scoops

Cory, I find that on later model cars that have the tong and clips on 'em, you just bust 'em off and reattach with superglue. works good. phred

6s1640

Hi All,

Thank you for the tips.  I will try her again.  The Rain-X is a good plan B.

Cory