Author Topic: All Ford Show @ North Carolina Transportation Museum, Spencer, NC on 8/4/18  (Read 5184 times)

BGlover67

• Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
     Last year,  I believe quite a few SAAC members made it to this show.  How about we try and show up as a group?  For anyone who has never been there before, this is a great show run by some very nice folks.  It's at the transportation museum in Spencer, NC.

They have quite an amazing museum including an actual working antique train that they use for Thomas the Tank Engine days.  Here is the correspondence I received from them:

Dear Friends,

My name is Dick Goho and I am with the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer, N.C.  I am one of the auto volunteers that is working on our vehicle collection.  Most of you have seen or know me from past car and truck shows.

It is that time again to save the date for our All Ford Show at the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spenser, N.C. on August 4th 2018.  This is our 14th annual show.

All info is coming from me and my wife Chloe.  We will be sending out e-mails and post cards for this years show.  Weather permitting, we should have a great show.  I have asked  the museum to attach a registration form for the show on their web site,

www.nctrans.org/events/auto-shows-2018  All registration forms, all questions and any phone calls can be addressed to me and I will try to address them as soon as I can.  My info is: cell phone: 315-771-7322, home phone: 704-431-4998, e-mail address is:

rbg204@yahoo.com and finally my home address: Dick Goho, 5 Old farm Rd., Salisbury, N.C. 28147.

I am planning on having the DJ from last year back again this year.  There will be a food vendor also on site.  We will be doing a 50/50 drawing as well as giving out door prizes.  There is no entry fee for entering your vehicle, it is by donation only.  The money we

make will go for trophies, advertising, mailings and to help us keep our vehicles up and running.

NOTE:  We will be giving out more trophies this year.  They are still People's Choice .  We will be dividing the cars and trucks up into two groups:  antiques up to and including 1965 and 1966 to current.  There will be 3 trophies given out to each group.   All the

parts must be Ford, NO GM or MOPAR parts can be used.  One more note:  our space is limited.  Please let me know if you would like to set up a tent.  The size is limited to a 10 X 10  and it goes behind your vehicle.   If you are in groups and want to be together,

PLEASE let me know as soon as possible.

Last year was the biggest show we ever had with over 130 registered vehicles.   That is because of all of you.   Thank you all very much.  My wish is to meet or beat last year's numbers.  Here is another note for all of you.  The GM show that we put on after the

Ford show the following weekend is gaining on you fast.  Last year was only the 5th and they are up to about 85 entry's and closing.

Last point, I am looking for some good auto volunteers to help me.  If you are interested, please contact me.   Thank you all for all you do to help us out.  We couldn't do it without your help.

See you at the show!!

Dick Goho
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:18:30 AM by BGlover67 »
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

TedS

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Sounds like a good event. I'll put it on my calendar.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Brian,
 So not to mislead our members just in case they need the physical address, Spencer is spelled with a "C".
The complete address is:
411 S. Salisbury Ave.
Spencer, NC 28159

Hoping to be there myself with our 69 Mach1. As also, my late Dad in Law was a career railroader as a conductor for 42 years (1950-1992) for Southern then Norfolk/Southern after 1985.

BGlover67

• View Profile
Oops!  My bad, I missed that one.    Actually, I cut and pasted the sentence from Dick in the title. :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:17:06 AM by BGlover67 »
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Darrpo

• View Profile
Will be there if at all possible. Sounds like a good place to visit.

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Brian, thanks for the "Heads Up". Will put it on the calendar and do our best to attend.
5S071, 6S1467

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
I googled it and it’s a little over 8 hours one way, so I can leave at 2:00am get there at 10:00 leave the show at 3:00 pm and get home at 11:00 pm   It’s doable
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Oops!  My bad, I missed that one.    Actually, I cut and pasted the sentence from Dick in the title. :P
It's all good 8)

BGlover67

• View Profile
I googled it and it’s a little over 8 hours one way, so I can leave at 2:00am get there at 10:00 leave the show at 3:00 pm and get home at 11:00 pm   It’s doable

Steve,

Come and stay at my house.  I have lot's of room, just ask JD.  I even have room in the garage for your Shelby.  We would love to have you.  That goes for anyone else too.

Brian
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Brian & family are great hosts!  Beautiful place, just don't carve your initials in the headboard of the bed.

(Thanks Brian and Family for the hospitality, hi to the family)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:20:05 PM by JD »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

FlyNavy

• View Profile
I think we'll pass, attended last year, and it was blistering hot in the upper 90s, they had us all packed into a tiny paddock that was horrible with cicada's and anthills whereas there was a lot of room to spread out a bit.  We abandoned the car and sought refuge in the museum a/c spaces for most of the event.  Shame they won't do this in the Spring or Fall.   

BGlover67

• View Profile
Bump.

As we draw closer, who thinks they will attend?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
We plan on attending...unless rain is imminent.  We got 6 inches over the last 3 days...enough to last a few weeks!
5S071, 6S1467

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Forecast is 30% for possible showers and thunderstorms.  Sadly, I think we're going to pass.
5S071, 6S1467

BGlover67

• View Profile
yes, it's not looking good.  Ill be passing also, unfortunately.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover