News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Who are you guys using for insurance for your cars?

Started by SFM5S159, June 12, 2018, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM5S159

Who are you guys using for insurance? 
I have a policy with Heacock Insurance and the carrier is American Modern Insurance.  I think there was a recent change with American Modern.
My rates have gone up.
I've got 5-6 cars covered with them.

Anyone else using another insurer and have any recommendations? 

Thanks,

Mike C
'65 GT350, '67 GT500, '65 289 Cobra

Rocket

We have Heacock. Have had it more than 10 years, and it has gone up a little. It may depend on what cars are insured, and how much they are driven.  Ours are a '66 Hertz, and '66 mustang conv.  I think we have a 3,000 mile per year policy. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

gt350hr

Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

kjspeed

I'm using American Collectors and I've been pretty happy so far. Haven't got the rate for next years renewal yet though. My daily driver policy went up 30% last time.  :o
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Side-Oilers

Hagerty for the past 25 or so years, on my classic & exotic cars.  AAA before that.  Never had a claim, so it's all pretty much "wasted" money.

Yes, I realize the purpose of insurance, and the "what if" factor.  It's a good thing to pay the premiums and never have a claim. 

But, if sh!t does happen and something gets damaged, I want a company that pays out quickly and properly.  That's worth more to me than trying to save a few bucks on the premiums.

Of course, since I haven't had a claim, I can't comment on any company's performance in that area.

Has anyone had experience with Hagerty (or other companies) on a big claim on a Shelby or other classic?  Such as theft or being totalled?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

mark p

I've had Condon-Skelly for over 30 years, the current insurance cards say Ironshore Indemnity (has varied over the years), currently all 4 collector cars.
One small claim a while back, they were very fair and paid to have it fixed right.
The rates go up every year (relatively small %), but they also "automatically" raise the value of all cars every year (unless you tell them otherwise).
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

SFM5S159

I need to shop it to be sure I'm being treated fairly.
I tried State Farm but they won't cover my '65 because it is raced.  I only want towing, storage and paddock but they want nothing to do with it because I track the car sometimes.

'65 GT350, '67 GT500, '65 289 Cobra

SBCARGUY

I use Barrett-Jackson Endorsed Insurance, it's backed by A.I.G. and I have quite a few cars and motorcycles insured by them.

Great policy at a fair price.

shlby66

I use Heacock. Been using them, for over 25 years, now. No complaints, at all. My rates
  did go up, but, that was because, I increased my coverage, by a lot.

Doug C. 

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

I have a valued policy with State Farm not a lot of restrictions. My insurance guy uses it on his advertising
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

6S1568

I'm with Mark. I've used Condon-Skelly for years, good price for stated value insurance. Call them for a quote if you're checking around. Denny

CSX 4133

Quote from: SFM5S159 on June 12, 2018, 01:38:33 PM
I need to shop it to be sure I'm being treated fairly.
I tried State Farm but they won't cover my '65 because it is raced.  I only want towing, storage and paddock but they want nothing to do with it because I track the car sometimes.

You might want to check into Hagerty's track insurance.

https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/motorsports-insurance

I've had Hagerty for about fifteen years, no claims, and agreed value policies on 12 vehicles.

Blackcar

I ran out of gas for the first time ever in one of my classic cars called Hagerty and I had gas going into my tank in 22 minutes, very good service.

TOBKOB

Hagerty for 10 years...4 cars...no claims so no opinion on service although all I have read that had a claim have been pleased... :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970