Author Topic: R Servo for C6  (Read 2515 times)

aj

• View Profile
R Servo for C6
« on: June 12, 2018, 12:15:23 PM »
Would an R servo with engineering number of C80P-7D027 be incorrect for a Mustang by virtue of the “P” in the number?   

My understanding is P indicates Fairlane.

Or have there been C8OP servo covers found on original C6 from 69-70 gt500?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: R Servo for C6
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 12:54:05 PM »
Would an R servo with engineering number of C80P-7D027 be incorrect for a Mustang by virtue of the “P” in the number?   

C8OP servo cover is typical for 69/70 GT 500.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 12:59:15 PM »

C8OP servo cover is typical for 69/70 GT 500.
FYI the difference is in the shifter lever .One style is for floor shift and the other for column shift. There is a reproduction floor shift lever that is spot on to convert the column shift to floor shift. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 01:17:35 PM »
The O indicates Fairlane, not the P.    Fairlane was a baseline car, so that part is numbered with a Fairlane, but will fit Mustang as well like Bob mentioned.   If it was a Z, then it would only fit Mustang and nothing else.

P indicates automatic transmission.

Here is a good reference on Ford part numbers and how to decipher them.  http://www.fordification.com/tech/partnumbers_overview.htm

aj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 02:07:47 PM »
 Would a C8OP cover be an acceptable part for a VIN-matching tranny in 69/70 gt500?  Or would I be advised to continue the search in hopes of finding a C8ZP R cover(if there’s such a thing). 

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 03:19:47 PM »
Would a C8OP cover be an acceptable part for a VIN-matching tranny in 69/70 gt500?  Or would I be advised to continue the search in hopes of finding a C8ZP R cover(if there’s such a thing).
Re read reply#1 . Typical means typical. Something else (C8ZP ) would not be typical.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 10:22:23 AM »

You can't search for something that was NEVER MADE. Casting numbers are assigned based on the original intent of the part. For another example your intake manifold says C8OE-C. Same for your cylinder heads C8OE-N. Many component parts were combined to make a specific assembly. IF a part was designed for and unique to a particular model  it would have that model line as the third character.
    The R servo with the C8OP casting number is correct for your car and you should also have the C8OP cast iron tail shaft housing. Those are the only two visual clues ( besides the metal ID tag) that could be scrutinized by ANY judge.
     My use of caps is not internet yelling , it's highlighting important words. No anger here , just help.
    Randy
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:25:56 AM by gt350hr »
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.