Author Topic: NOS 67 GT500 intake you don't every day on Ebay  (Read 6338 times)

George Schalk

• View Profile
Re: NOS 67 GT500 intake you don't every day on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »
I sent 2 emails to the seller, one yesterday and one today, asking the date code on the carbs...No response.  If the carb dates are later than what would have come on some of the last produced '67 GT500's, the carbs in the auction would be incorrect for a Thoroughbred or Concours restoration.  The carbs would have the value of an aftermarket over the counter replacement set of carbs, no where near what the seller is asking for them.  My guess is, the carb tags and dates are likely '68-'69 production (going by the photo of the 1969 dated newspaper) and not pictured for this reason.  It's still a cool nos piece, but as someone stated "as a nice display item".

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 11:11:08 AM »
 Didn't you guys notice the SK number on the box? Now before your minds begin to wander , it is likely the number was simply to denote the "complete assembly" . The late Don Sullivan (rip) pulled several SK numbers that detailed "induction kits" and what generic parts were used to make them.
  I agree this all looks legit except the angle on the heater hose fitting. I assume it is still loosely installed. Carb dates would be interesting .
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

George Schalk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 01:09:27 PM »
The seller got back to me and only gave the info off the carb tags, "the rear carb with choke C3AFBK A 7CD and the front carb no choke is C3AFBJ A 7CC".  He stated he did not want to give info off the carb air horns because he doesn't want to disturb the packaging. 

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 03:42:16 PM »
The seller got back to me and only gave the info off the carb tags, "the rear carb with choke C3AFBK A 7CD and the front carb no choke is C3AFBJ A 7CC".  He stated he did not want to give info off the carb air horns because he doesn't want to disturb the packaging. 

He better disturb the packaging if he wants the premium price  ;)
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 05:04:19 PM »

Wow ,
       If you have a car built in April , May , June , that would be an awesome addition. A Perkins territory item ! LOL Thanks for asking the dates George.
      Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 09:12:57 PM »

Wow ,
       If you have a car built in April , May , June , that would be an awesome addition. A Perkins territory item ! LOL Thanks for asking the dates George.
      Randy

My car qualifies. The price disqualifies it. If it is worth that kind of money, it is MUCH to valuable to unpack and use and now belongs only in a museum where it can be displayed as THE documentation of what the original induction system was.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 02:20:35 AM »

My car qualifies. The price disqualifies it. If it is worth that kind of money, it is MUCH to valuable to unpack and use and now belongs only in a museum where it can be displayed as THE documentation of what the original induction system was.

Exactly