Author Topic: TULSA, Midwest Shelby Meet  (Read 14411 times)

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
TULSA, Midwest Shelby Meet
« on: June 13, 2018, 08:47:47 PM »
Got 6S452 loaded in trailer, trailer hooked to truck, clean shorts in luggage----Tulsa , OK here we come!
Jim Wicks---leave a light on!

Hope to get some pictures (someone will have to post them though)

Brent

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: TULSA, Midwest Shelby Meet
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 09:51:39 PM »
Got 6S452 loaded in trailer, trailer hooked to truck, clean shorts in luggage----Tulsa , OK here we come!
Jim Wicks---leave a light on!

Hope to get some pictures (someone will have to post them though)

Brent
Good to know . I think you owe me a beer for something or another when we meet down there . At least that is my story and I am sticking to it  ;D.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:08:26 PM »
Bob, See you in Tulsa.

Karguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:54:18 PM »
 Hello gentlemen, do you have any idea how many 65 and 66 Shelby’s are registered for Tulsa?
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 12:41:52 AM »
Hello gentlemen, do you have any idea how many 65 and 66 Shelby’s are registered for Tulsa?
I don't know about popular vote but I understand there are two 65's entered in concours.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »
Is Fred Hebert planning to attend?  I love seeing his R-model.

Cory

1969shelbygt350

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 03:34:18 PM »
How many 1st Generation Shelby will be there ?

Thx

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 08:40:10 PM »
I am sorry I will miss it this year...

Its is a great show!

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 09:21:49 AM »
Did anyone take photos of the factory stock classic Shelby's at Mid-America?
I'm sure there are many of us who would like to see them.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 05:45:45 PM »
Did anyone take photos of the factory stock classic Shelby's at Mid-America?
I'm sure there are many of us who would like to see them.

I'd be happy to post the photos (if that is an issue). All I see are new Shelby's and Mustangs in the event coverage so far.
Were there any concours Shelby's there?

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 06:33:07 PM »
I'd be happy to post the photos (if that is an issue). All I see are new Shelby's and Mustangs in the event coverage so far.

Yes there were and normally they are on display on the final day in the area that has the covered roof. Think its in the south west corner of the show area.

Cars are judged off site where there is access to a number of lifts and some very welcomed shade and in some limited situations in the lobby area of the host hotel in the past.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 06:41:52 PM »

Yes there were and normally they are on display on the final day in the area that has the covered roof. Think its in the south west corner of the show area.

Cars are judged off site where there is access to a number of lifts and some very welcomed shade and in some limited situations in the lobby area of the host hotel in the past.

Thanks Jeff,
We always hear rumblings about the Tulsa Shelby meet, but rarely get to see any of the classic Shelby's that were there.

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »
As far as the street driven 65-70 Shelby cars. There was a 3000 series and one 2000 series Cobra. 2 GT350H's, blk./gold 4-speed, and a green/gold auto. A 67 GT350 with Webers, a couple of 68's , one being a survivor.

Not a very good turnout for the vintage stuff, but there were plenty of vintage cars on the track at Hallett.

And the best part of the Sunday show was my wife's 66 GT 350H received Best of Show!
(Blk./Gold, SFM6S452)
Brent 8)

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 08:45:31 PM »
Thanks Jeff,
We always hear rumblings about the Tulsa Shelby meet, but rarely get to see any of the classic Shelby's that were there.

Yes we've heard that allot related to the attendance at all of the Shelby shows - IMHO much more than what is seen at Mustang shows - attendance appears to be down and I think we all believe it should be more. Would never try and judge attendance of a show by the number of cars entered in the Concours judging since that has allot more outside factors that can cause ebbs and flows year to year. But the number of cars in the parking lot or at the popular vote is a better measurement.  Also repetitive shows (same time and place every year) have their own issues that can affect low turn out from year to year.

Didn't stay this year for the last day so can't comment on the turn out. Didn't even take a picture the whole weekend which may be a first.

But often it's part our fault since many of us are the ones not bringing the cars out.  Not to say there are not good excuses, not my job to say, but it's  a circle. Less owners bring cars, less people and owners that enjoy them attend.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 09:06:13 PM »
I brought my black ‘70 CJ this year. It was in the stock 65-70 class, where there were less than 5 cars. Attendance seemed really down this year at all of the events except Hallet. May be my last year as it is a 9 hour drive.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:36:43 PM by Rickmustang »
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT