News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Jack Bungee Cord Clamps

Started by PaulD, June 14, 2018, 10:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris NOS

May i ask here for the groomet going around the positive cable , i ll need to replace the one in the front on 241 , Any source for it please ?

mlplunkett

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on January 29, 2020, 05:31:45 PM
I've made some.  It's a rather tedious job.  Requires finding flat stock and shearing strips to the proper width, then figuring out the required total length of each bracket, then use a bending fixture to make the correct size "hoop", clamping together to drill the holes at the same time so that they'll match up when compressed to apply the pop rivet, then dipping the "hoop" portion in black "Plasti-Dip" or similar black rubber coating. Approximate dimensions of original brackets: .056" thick steel; 1.7" overall length; .625" width; .625 length of top flat portion; 3/16" dia. holes drilled approx. .325 from ends of flat portions. If you're not a masochist, buy 'em from Jim  or Brant. :)

Thanks for the dimensions. It took about 2 hours to make a dozen and I spent about $15 including a new drill bit and enough plastic dip to make a thousand of these things so maybe masochist is a little strong. I found that a 4" long strip was just right for each bracket.
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

texas swede

Chris,
Many years ago (25) I found a bag with 3 grommets at a Dallas Car Show/Swap Meet. I will check if I can find
the 3rd one in my garage. If so, I send it to you.
Texas Swede

acman63

Quote from: chris NOS on January 30, 2020, 06:44:27 AM
May i ask here for the groomet going around the positive cable , i ll need to replace the one in the front on 241 , Any source for it please ?

Im having more made for my trunk mount kits
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

texas swede

Chris,
I found the 3rd grommet and took some pictures and measurements. Experts like Bob and Jim can
check if these are like originals. As I said I bought them in a small plastic bag with handwritten
3 pcs of Battery Cable grommets for 65 Shelby and I still have the bag. Believe it was Max Kotlowski
who sold them and if my memory serves me right he had bought them from a guy in CA who had bought a lot of
parts from Shelby.
The measurements are: (estimated)
Diameter: 1.4768" or 37.5 millimeter.
Thickness: 0,1968" or 5 millimeter   
Hole diameter: 0.63" or 16 millimeter. They fit in a hole 1" in diameter front and back.
Texas Swede

sfm5s081

These seem to be selling quite well! I know I'm ordering some

chris NOS

Quote from: texas swede on February 07, 2020, 12:33:01 PM
Chris,
I found the 3rd grommet and took some pictures and measurements. Experts like Bob and Jim can
check if these are like originals. As I said I bought them in a small plastic bag with handwritten
3 pcs of Battery Cable grommets for 65 Shelby and I still have the bag. Believe it was Max Kotlowski
who sold them and if my memory serves me right he had bought them from a guy in CA who had bought a lot of
parts from Shelby.
The measurements are: (estimated)
Diameter: 1.4768" or 37.5 millimeter.
Thickness: 0,1968" or 5 millimeter   
Hole diameter: 0.63" or 16 millimeter. They fit in a hole 1" in diameter front and back.

Texas Swede

Hi , thank you , i took a picture o the one on 5S070 , it looks original to the car , really dry plastic , looks like yours !
i m sending you an email  ;)

sfm5s081

Got my cable clamps from Jim! They look awesome!

Thanks!