Author Topic: Jack Bungee Cord Clamps  (Read 472 times)

PaulD

• View Profile
Jack Bungee Cord Clamps
« on: June 14, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »
My 65 has the clamps for the jack bungee cord riveted directly to the floor. I have seen pictures of restored cars that show the clamps riveted through the trunk mat. What is considered correct? On a related note is the number on the bottom of the mat a date code? Can any one decipher "55 C922"?

Thanks,
Paul

Brant

• www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
Re: Jack Bungee Cord Clamps
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:30:09 PM »
My 65 has the clamps for the jack bungee cord riveted directly to the floor. I have seen pictures of restored cars that show the clamps riveted through the trunk mat. What is considered correct? On a related note is the number on the bottom of the mat a date code? Can any one decipher "55 C922"?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul,

Most all originals that I have seen, including 5S162, have them riveted on top of the trunk mat.

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

Bob Gaines

• Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 11:18:37 PM »

Paul,

Most all originals that I have seen, including 5S162, have them riveted on top of the trunk mat.

+1. riveted through trunk mat is most typical.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
Does one know where I can buy the bungee or the clamps?

caspian65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 11:25:23 PM »
The clamps are the same ones used for the front to rear battery cable attaching to the chassis.  Brant should have them.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 04:37:46 PM »
The clamps are the same ones used for the front to rear battery cable attaching to the chassis.  Brant should have them.

So I'm assuming there are 2? One on the top, one on the bottom? How far apart should they be and any idea of the cord?

NC TRACKRAT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »
Look closely at the picture.  You can see both ends of the bungee cord. There is only one clamp.  Seems I recall a discussion on the old forum where there were a few cars with two clamps but most only had one.
p.s.: We ascertained that the early cars had no clamp/s.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:25:56 PM by NC TRACKRAT »
5S071, 6S1467