Author Topic: Jack Bungee Cord Clamps  (Read 12061 times)

PaulD

• View Profile
Jack Bungee Cord Clamps
« on: June 14, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »
My 65 has the clamps for the jack bungee cord riveted directly to the floor. I have seen pictures of restored cars that show the clamps riveted through the trunk mat. What is considered correct? On a related note is the number on the bottom of the mat a date code? Can any one decipher "55 C922"?

Thanks,
Paul

Brant

• SAAC Member
  • www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
Re: Jack Bungee Cord Clamps
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:30:09 PM »
My 65 has the clamps for the jack bungee cord riveted directly to the floor. I have seen pictures of restored cars that show the clamps riveted through the trunk mat. What is considered correct? On a related note is the number on the bottom of the mat a date code? Can any one decipher "55 C922"?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul,

Most all originals that I have seen, including 5S162, have them riveted on top of the trunk mat.

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 11:18:37 PM »

Paul,

Most all originals that I have seen, including 5S162, have them riveted on top of the trunk mat.

+1. riveted through trunk mat is most typical.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
Does one know where I can buy the bungee or the clamps?

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 11:25:23 PM »
The clamps are the same ones used for the front to rear battery cable attaching to the chassis.  Brant should have them.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 04:37:46 PM »
The clamps are the same ones used for the front to rear battery cable attaching to the chassis.  Brant should have them.

So I'm assuming there are 2? One on the top, one on the bottom? How far apart should they be and any idea of the cord?

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »
Look closely at the picture.  You can see both ends of the bungee cord. There is only one clamp.  Seems I recall a discussion on the old forum where there were a few cars with two clamps but most only had one.
p.s.: We ascertained that the early cars had no clamp/s.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:25:56 PM by NC TRACKRAT »
5S071, 6S1467

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 03:55:37 PM »
So it was pointed out by Howard Pardee that the early Cars, had trunk mounted batteries and therefore no clamp as it would have gotten in the way! Duh! Therefore the jack and handle should be in the wheel well?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 04:12:23 PM »
So it was pointed out by Howard Pardee that the early Cars, had trunk mounted batteries and therefore no clamp as it would have gotten in the way! Duh! Therefore the jack and handle should be in the wheel well?
The clamps mounted in one of the typical locations with the jack stowed do not interfere with a trunk mount battery.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:17:59 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »
The clamps mounted in one of the typical locations with the jack stowed do not interfere with a trunk mount battery.
Just to be clear I agree some early rear battery cars did not have the clips riveted to the floor to hold the jack and the handle/handles. I don't believe all were done that way without .   

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 05:28:51 PM »
Just to be clear I agree some early rear battery cars did not have the clips riveted to the floor to hold the jack and the handle/handles. I don't believe all were done that way without .   

+1 :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Brant

• SAAC Member
  • www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 08:16:40 PM »
Look closely at the picture.  You can see both ends of the bungee cord. There is only one clamp.  Seems I recall a discussion on the old forum where there were a few cars with two clamps but most only had one.
p.s.: We ascertained that the early cars had no clamp/s.

Stan,

No, there are two.
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 07:47:16 AM »
O.K. Brant...Then what's going on in the picture?  I clearly see two bungee cord ends around the one clamp.  Since we don't have the benefit of going back to the old forum, we only have our memories.  I know mine is failing but I do seem to remember the discussion that some had only one clamp and some had two.
5S071, 6S1467

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 12:40:09 PM »
O.K. Brant...Then what's going on in the picture?  I clearly see two bungee cord ends around the one clamp.  Since we don't have the benefit of going back to the old forum, we only have our memories.  I know mine is failing but I do seem to remember the discussion that some had only one clamp and some had two.
Look at reply #8 . The clamp goes around and holds the bungee cord. The cord wraps around the jack and is secured to the clamp farthest forward. Brant's picture appears to be the same.

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 02:03:03 PM »
Almost there....

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-GT350-Battery-Cable-Bungee-Cord-Clamp-P482363.aspx

Any indea when you might have some more Brant? I'll take a set for sure.