Author Topic: Jack Bungee Cord Clamps  (Read 12066 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Bungee Cord Clamps
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 02:14:33 PM »
Almost there....

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-GT350-Battery-Cable-Bungee-Cord-Clamp-P482363.aspx

Any indea when you might have some more Brant? I'll take a set for sure.
Try Jim at Shelby Parts. They are typically the same as SA added rear battery cable clamps.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:33:35 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 02:24:46 PM »
What size are they? I have seen these at the hardware store.

Brant

• SAAC Member
  • www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 02:54:57 PM »
Almost there....

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-GT350-Battery-Cable-Bungee-Cord-Clamp-P482363.aspx

Any indea when you might have some more Brant? I'll take a set for sure.

I plan to work on this project, but I don't have a date yet.
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

texas swede

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 11:43:08 AM »
Here is the one in my car, 5S275. Original clips and bungee cord. I restored the clips and
dipped them.
Texas Swede

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 11:08:59 PM »
Texas Suede... Awesome pict! You are the hero of this thread!

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 08:26:02 AM »
Texas Suede... Awesome pict! You are the hero of this thread!

He is as smooth as suede! Champion  8)
6S373
6S1276

texas swede

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 09:09:43 AM »
Thanks guys. One observation I have made is that the original clips have slightly thinner metal
than the repos I have seen.
Texas Swede

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 06:01:28 PM »
so where does the handle go?

texas swede

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 06:15:56 PM »
Two handles if you have Cragers and the jack are held down by the bungee cord.
I don't dare to stretch the original more than 50 year old bungee cord and taking the
risk to destroy it.
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2018, 10:32:06 PM »
so where does the handle go?
The Ford lug wrench slides into the base of the jack .It is illustrated although not well in the jacking instruction sticker. Disregard the way the bungee is wrapped . The picture is to show how the lug wrench fits into the jack. The Crager lug wrench is ether loose of held done by the bungee. See pictures 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mlplunkett

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2020, 02:47:14 PM »
Looka like these clamps have been unavailable for quite some time. Can someone provide some accurate dimensions so that I can fabricate my own? I'd be glad to make a few  extras once I get them figured out. Would it be sacrilege to make them from stainless strap and media blast them to simulate the original zinc finish?
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 03:44:49 PM »
I have them made already $25 each
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 05:31:45 PM »
I've made some.  It's a rather tedious job.  Requires finding flat stock and shearing strips to the proper width, then figuring out the required total length of each bracket, then use a bending fixture to make the correct size "hoop", clamping together to drill the holes at the same time so that they'll match up when compressed to apply the pop rivet, then dipping the "hoop" portion in black "Plasti-Dip" or similar black rubber coating. Approximate dimensions of original brackets: .056" thick steel; 1.7" overall length; .625" width; .625 length of top flat portion; 3/16" dia. holes drilled approx. .325 from ends of flat portions. If you're not a masochist, buy 'em from Jim  or Brant. :)
5S071, 6S1467

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2020, 05:48:07 PM »
I've made some.  It's a rather tedious job.  Requires finding flat stock and shearing strips to the proper width, then figuring out the required total length of each bracket, then use a bending fixture to make the correct size "hoop", clamping together to drill the holes at the same time so that they'll match up when compressed to apply the pop rivet, then dipping the "hoop" portion in black "Plasti-Dip" or similar black rubber coating. Approximate dimensions of original brackets: .056" thick steel; 1.7" overall length; .625" width; .625 length of top flat portion; 3/16" dia. holes drilled approx. .325 from ends of flat portions. If you're not a masochist, buy 'em from Jim  or Brant. :)
Kudos on your effort .  8)

mlplunkett

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2020, 09:43:42 PM »

That's good info. I might give it a try just for the satisfaction of doing it myself. Thanks.
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction