News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random pictures of early Shelby Hertz

Started by FL SAAC, June 15, 2018, 01:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

gt350cs

I have that picture in my files. Has anyone connected the VIN to the picture? The plate is correct for a San Francisco rental, but I do not have the VIN.

Thank,

Dennis

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

gt350hr

Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

deathsled

Get off of the hood! You're blocking my view!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Wonder what she would say if she knew this picture was being discussed on the internet 50+ years later?

gt350cs

I assume that everyone noticed that the car in the foreground is also most likely a GT350H!

I would sure like to know which car was assigned this plate.

mgreene

Appears both are missing their hood pins.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

SFM66H

All very good observations ^^^^ about this photo!

Dennis - why is there no month/year sticker on that plate?

Thanks,
Kieth
1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

Rear plate only in Cali.(to this day)

FL SAAC

Allegedly this image came from a negative purchased at an estate sale in 2013.  It was the only car related negative, a 1966 Shelby Hertz GT350 taken in July 1966 the negative was dated.  The furniture store in the back was Frank Newman in the city of Stonestown in Central California.

I have all UNGOLD cars

gt350cs

Tony, Thanks for the additional information. I think that I had that somewhere but lost it along the way.

The only Stownstown I could find on the Internet indicates that is about a 15 minutes drive north from the Air Port.

Frank Newman Furniture Co. was located at 2441-53 Mission Street near 18th Street in San Francisco.

We know that you had to be 25 years old to rent these cars so the two drivers were at least that age. The lady in the picture could be 25, but I am guessing younger.

There are a number of military bases in the general area.... Could this be a couple of guys in the military picking up two good looking young girls for what would be a memorable road trip before shipping out to Viet Nam?

OK deathsled there is your opening for the story to be told.

Dennis

FL SAAC

Quote from: gt350cs on June 18, 2018, 10:20:16 AM
Tony, Thanks for the additional information. I think that I had that somewhere but lost it along the way.

The only Stownstown I could find on the Internet indicates that is about a 15 minutes drive north from the Air Port.

Frank Newman Furniture Co. was located at 2441-53 Mission Street near 18th Street in San Francisco.

We know that you had to be 25 years old to rent these cars so the two drivers were at least that age. The lady in the picture could be 25, but I am guessing younger.

There are a number of military bases in the general area.... Could this be a couple of guys in the military picking up two good looking young girls for what would be a memorable road trip before shipping out to Viet Nam?

OK deathsled there is your opening for the story to be told.

Dennis

+ 1 all this added to a very memorable experience and they lived happily ever after....

D thanks for the additional info

I have all UNGOLD cars

gt350cs