Author Topic: Random pictures of early Shelby Hertz  (Read 6523 times)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: Random pictures of early Shelby Hertz
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 11:24:54 AM »
  It would be cool to chase down this now grandmother and hoist her up on the same car 52 years later. LOL
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 11:31:18 AM »
Sadly many are no longer with us... :'( She is probably in the 75 years young category. If both survived time that would be an instant classic pic!

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 11:35:04 AM »
I totally agree. Maybe she will somehow find this Site and contact someone with some interesting information. Wow what a story that would be....

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 12:28:12 PM »
Tony, Thanks for the additional information. I think that I had that somewhere but lost it along the way.

The only Stownstown I could find on the Internet indicates that is about a 15 minutes drive north from the Air Port.

Frank Newman Furniture Co. was located at 2441-53 Mission Street near 18th Street in San Francisco.

We know that you had to be 25 years old to rent these cars so the two drivers were at least that age. The lady in the picture could be 25, but I am guessing younger.

There are a number of military bases in the general area…. Could this be a couple of guys in the military picking up two good looking young girls for what would be a memorable road trip before shipping out to Viet Nam?

OK deathsled there is your opening for the story to be told.

Dennis
Lol okay I'll get on it. She gets pregnant by the military guy before he ships off and then he becomes MIA. Her only memory of him is locked up in that rental one passionate and steamy night. She goes on a quest with her son to find that car many years later with the hope of getting back that spark she had with him that night.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 12:31:11 PM »
Tony, Thanks for the additional information. I think that I had that somewhere but lost it along the way.

The only Stownstown I could find on the Internet indicates that is about a 15 minutes drive north from the Air Port.

Frank Newman Furniture Co. was located at 2441-53 Mission Street near 18th Street in San Francisco.

We know that you had to be 25 years old to rent these cars so the two drivers were at least that age. The lady in the picture could be 25, but I am guessing younger.

There are a number of military bases in the general area…. Could this be a couple of guys in the military picking up two good looking young girls for what would be a memorable road trip before shipping out to Viet Nam?

OK deathsled there is your opening for the story to be told.

Dennis
Lol okay I'll get on it. She gets pregnant by the military guy before he ships off and then he becomes MIA. Her only memory of him is locked up in that rental one passionate and steamy night. She goes on a quest with her son to find that car many years later with the hope of getting back that spark she had with him that night.

ive read that novel, it hertz me a lot...
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 01:11:55 PM »
Knowing that she has no tech knowledge, he begins the search for her. While doing a series of Google searches he stumbles on to the SAAC Forums where he finds this picture that someone had posted and he realizes that this was his mother and was taken in June 1966, about 9 months before he was born.

Then suddenly he realized that the man he had been calling dad all these years was actually a deserter from the US Army.

Now what to do? Bury the information or turn in his father to the authorities……

OK, that’s enough. All I really want to know is the VIN of the car she is sitting on. Can anyone read the license plate number  of the other car in the reflection on the lower valance? Now back on track!

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 02:00:46 PM »
Looks like she has a Ring on.

Not that it would help finding her. Post it up on Reddit or something, maybe someone would recognize her.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 05:11:14 PM »
  It would be cool to chase down this now grandmother and hoist her up on the same car 52 years later. LOL
Or put her on a hoist and check for leaks. That was bad. But I couldn't resist.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2018, 05:23:34 PM »
Knowing that she has no tech knowledge, he begins the search for her. While doing a series of Google searches he stumbles on to the SAAC Forums where he finds this picture that someone had posted and he realizes that this was his mother and was taken in June 1966, about 9 months before he was born.

Then suddenly he realized that the man he had been calling dad all these years was actually a deserter from the US Army.

Now what to do? Bury the information or turn in his father to the authorities……

OK, that’s enough. All I really want to know is the VIN of the car she is sitting on. Can anyone read the license plate number  of the other car in the reflection on the lower valance? Now back on track!
That's quite good and creative. I like it!

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2023, 10:44:44 PM »
I had forgotten all about this thread and recently found it again. I thought that I might have already identified to car and checking my 1966  GT350 Hertz files I came across a new recent picture of a car with this same plate number and identified the car as 6S1984. It looked to be an original CA plate, so I have listed it as such in my records. Does anyone know who owns 6S1984 to confirm?

Sfm6sxxx

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2023, 12:14:08 AM »
George Orwell?

6S1114

Szabo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2023, 03:38:29 PM »
I had forgotten all about this thread and recently found it again. I thought that I might have already identified to car and checking my 1966  GT350 Hertz files I came across a new recent picture of a car with this same plate number and identified the car as 6S1984. It looked to be an original CA plate, so I have listed it as such in my records. Does anyone know who owns 6S1984 to confirm?

Hey,

could you post the other Car from your file, with the same License Plate ?

Szabo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2023, 03:43:47 PM »
i have a loose document from May 17 1966 from some Hertz shipped to San Francisco,
maybe it could help a little bit with some vins...

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2023, 06:28:10 PM »
Szabo,

Not sure where I found it, but here is teh picture from my files. It's hard to distinguish the Hertz cars just by a picture. After all they were supposed to look alike. I was very lucky to have observed to plate and make the link. Only the owner or someone who personally knows the car in this picture could confrim the VIN as authentic to the attached plate.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2023, 09:45:51 PM »
License plate number nor the car that is was guessed to belong to are listed one the May-June inventory list that includes plate number with the same prefix but greater and lower sequential numbers. But guess others have already checked that document and others
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge