News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Do cars extend a man's life?

Started by deathsled, June 16, 2018, 01:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Barring a car crash, does auto racing and car culture make men live longer? This on the heels of a 90 year old that entered a NASCAR race in May. And all the old racers still around. And Shelby living to 89 even after a heart transplant from the early 1990s. What are your thoughts?

Best regards,

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bill

Quote from: deathsled on June 16, 2018, 01:32:56 PM
Barring a car crash, does auto racing and car culture make men live longer? This on the heels of a 90 year old that entered a NASCAR race in May. And all the old racers still around. And Shelby living to 89 even after a heart transplant from the early 1990s. What are your thoughts?

Best regards,

Richard E.

It's an interesting question, why do you ask?
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

GT350Lad

There are certainly studies worldwide that show that having an interest or hobby can increase longevity. But there is also studies showing that being married increases longevity for men... people may argue against that depending on your wife.  ;D
6S373
6S1276

pmustang

This is easy

If she knows what you spent...no

If she is blissfully unaware...yes

QuickSilverShelby

Cars sure the hell extend my bank roll but, yeah, I believe having a car passion will extend your life.  Having passions and interests  in your daily activities make life worth living and they do just that.  They make you live longer.

Now when I see an attractive model across a beautiful car, well.............. that extends my ........... "life"  :D

QSS

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

deathsled

Quote from: Bill on June 16, 2018, 03:44:03 PM
Quote from: deathsled on June 16, 2018, 01:32:56 PM

Best regards,

Richard E.

It's an interesting question, why do you ask?

Intellectual curiosity.  My dad is 90 going strong.  Total gearhead.  Seems to be a pattern.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: pmustang on June 16, 2018, 07:36:11 PM
This is easy

If she knows what you spent...no

If she is blissfully unaware...yes

True - she may kill you for dragging one more home.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427heaven

Happy wife = Happy life... Mix in some cool cars and doing what you love- Racing,restoring,cruising or just mixing and mingling with like minded individuals gives all of us purpose. Hopefully will add years on the clock! :)

GT350Lad

Quote from: 427heaven on June 16, 2018, 08:59:25 PM
Happy wife = Happy life... Mix in some cool cars and doing what you love- Racing,restoring,cruising or just mixing and mingling with like minded individuals gives all of us purpose. Hopefully will add years on the clock! :)

Agree
6S373
6S1276

deathsled

What about "no wife=happy life."  Life after women.  I've never felt better.  I'm not easy to tame when it comes to relationships anymore.  Maybe in my twenties and even my thirties.  But no longer.  Taming the Shelby at speed?  Well that's a whole other matter...

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Don Johnston

My wife tolerates the mistresses in the garage and prefers a ring with a car key over clutter on her fingers. 

I think if you look at the objective science on this subject, you will find having a close-knit circle of friends is what is really going to extend your life.

I think these special cars can do that for you. The fact that it gives you joy is the icing on the cake.

deathsled

kjspeed

A long life pales in comparison to really living as far as I'm concerned. And I've never felt more alive than being behind the wheel with my right foot planted to the floor, slammed back in the seat and hanging on tight watching the world rush by as the engine screams it's way to the redline.

But maybe that's just me...

Happy Father's Day to all you dads, especially the ones still going strong into the sunset!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt