Author Topic: fathers day car show  (Read 2735 times)

davez

• View Profile
fathers day car show
« on: June 17, 2018, 07:01:28 PM »
Took the early 66 out to Sully Plantation car show today.Most people asked if it was real. One out of 50 knew what it was.  Daughter showed up in the afternoon for the ride home. Fun car with chips and scratches so not nearly the worry of a restored car. Bought it from Vern and Bob last year. Thanks guys.
dz

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 07:04:23 PM by davez »

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: fathers day car show
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 11:40:20 PM »
Outstanding - thanks for sharing!
Nothing beats a classic!

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 04:49:04 AM »
Thanks for posting the pictures, Dave. You are truly living the dream and doing it right. You’re driving your car and sharing it with the public. That’s my idea of fun. And for the few people who know what they’re looking at, yours may be the only REAL early Shelby they will ever see in person.

Beautiful car… and lovely daughter if I may say so.

Steve

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 10:53:28 AM »
Thanks for posting the pictures, Dave. You are truly living the dream and doing it right. You’re driving your car and sharing it with the public. That’s my idea of fun. And for the few people who know what they’re looking at, yours may be the only REAL early Shelby they will ever see in person.

Beautiful car… and lovely daughter if I may say so.

Steve

+1  very nice!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bigblock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 11:04:54 AM »
I attended a Father's Day show with 463 cars. My yellow KR was the only Shelby there, plenty of Cobra kit cars.
About half of the people who talked to me about the car asked if it was real! :-\

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 12:03:56 PM »
I was thinking of driving over to Sulley buts it’s about an hour and 1/2 drive. They have a show near me at a church that just seems to bring out a lot of cars that seemed the easier option,  Plus it’s free, they give you free hot dogs, snack, water and sodas. They even have water stations at the end of each row of cars with nice cold water. About 225-250 cars show up. My 66 Hertz Car and a 67 GT500 were the only early Shelby cars, but there was a 2016 Orange GT 350. Just a nice day and it’s 10 minutes from the house. Emory (owner of the almost perfect 67 GT500) and I should just get a sign explaining the 3 most asked questions, 1. No they aren’t clones, 2. No they aren’t Eleanor’s and 3. They aren’t the “Bullitt” car.
Maybe next year we can make plans for all of the local Shelby owners to invade Sulley Plantation together, I know at least 3 others we can try and talk into it
You should register for the Rockville Car Show on July first. It’s put on by the city of Rockville in a nice park like setting. Really neat show that usually brings out a few early Shelbys. Check it out on the city of Rockville web site
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 01:00:33 PM »
It would take no effort at all to get me to caravan with you there Steve.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 01:06:31 PM »
Sign up for the Rockville show on July 1, we meet up with Kevin Cauly and his 66 GT350;(owned since 1969) and drive in together
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

davez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 08:49:26 PM »
The Sully show is  Fathers day each year. Run by the Model A club and currently restricted to pre 1993 cars. 10 to 15 mustangs. Good collection of Tbirds, vettes, big trucks, military stuff, lots of model A and T stuff. vw's triumphs. When I was taking my KR's there in the early 90's for judging there were usually 4- 8 Shelbys there. The last 5 - 10 years  at most 2  attend. This year besides mine  there was a grabber blue 69 500 with white interior.

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 10:43:31 PM »
Went to a car show near me, over 400 cars, three Shelby's; a '66 Hertz car that won it's class and won Gold at it's first SAAC show a few years back, a '67 GT350, early Black car that won Gold at SAAC 41 and a Lime Gold '68 KR fastback - all very nice cars!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 12:18:20 PM »
Steve, that looks like an awesome show.  I will sign up for it for sure.  I will caravan with you for sure.