News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

It’s a beautiful day, playing hooky is option A

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, June 18, 2018, 11:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Since I have gone back to work at my old company 20 hours a week from home I get a chance to look at the window and see the outside. It's a beautiful day, a little warm perhaps, with a few overhead clouds and a light breeze. Since I can pick my hours to work, I pick not to work today and take the car for a ride. I going to follow the "old road" that twists and turns down through the county I live in to the end, it's about 60 miles to the end. I may come back on the new road, but it's just too nice a day to work, and I hear the roads calling me to enjoy the day
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Corey Bowcutt

Awesome Steve, I wish I could join you for that ride for sure!

But between the Thursday night cruise-in at the Green Turtle, Friday taking my daughter to school, Saturday night at the cruise-in in Marley Station and finally Sunday morning Cars and Coffee in Annapolis I have had a lot of behind the wheel time this past weekend.

Don Johnston

Sounds like the perfect way to commute to and from work all at the same time.  Employee road trip.

427heaven

That would be correct... Fuel,cartage,and milage are all part of doing business ;) In a SHELBY or not.

Bigfoot

Bunch of us worked about 2/3 day today and drove roughly an hour each way to big car show.
Couple Shelby vehicles were there and some factory AF/X stuff and tons of TRI-5 Bowties including a Nomad wagon etc.

Sometimes the road calls
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI