Author Topic: It’s a beautiful day, playing hooky is option A  (Read 1971 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
It’s a beautiful day, playing hooky is option A
« on: June 18, 2018, 11:50:33 AM »
Since I have gone back to work at my old company 20 hours a week from home I get a chance to look at the window and see the outside. It’s a beautiful day, a little warm perhaps, with a few overhead clouds and a light breeze. Since I can pick my hours to work, I pick not to work today and take the car for a ride. I going to follow the “old road” that twists and turns down through the county I live in to the end, it’s about 60 miles to the end. I may come back on the new road, but it’s just too nice a day to work, and I hear the roads calling me to enjoy the day
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
Re: It’s a beautiful day, playing hooky is option A
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 12:47:24 PM »
Thumbs up for Flex time  8) :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 12:58:44 PM »
Awesome Steve, I wish I could join you for that ride for sure!

But between the Thursday night cruise-in at the Green Turtle, Friday taking my daughter to school, Saturday night at the cruise-in in Marley Station and finally Sunday morning Cars and Coffee in Annapolis I have had a lot of behind the wheel time this past weekend.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 01:44:34 PM »
Sounds like the perfect way to commute to and from work all at the same time.  Employee road trip.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 03:10:30 PM »
The fuel is a “business expense” then ,right? ;D

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 04:39:03 PM »
That would be correct... Fuel,cartage,and milage are all part of doing business ;) In a SHELBY or not.

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 08:25:47 PM »
Bunch of us worked about 2/3 day today and drove roughly an hour each way to big car show.
Couple Shelby vehicles were there and some factory AF/X stuff and tons of TRI-5 Bowties including a Nomad wagon etc.

Sometimes the road calls
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI