Author Topic: MSN article on GT350H  (Read 2477 times)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
MSN article on GT350H
« on: June 19, 2018, 01:19:07 AM »
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:58:07 AM by 2112 »

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: MSN article on GT350H
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 08:57:30 AM »
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

I think Mr Speegle is very familiar with this one. Great looking car and deserves the attention that it is getting.  :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »
I did not see the VIN mentioned. Does anyone have that information?

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 12:36:13 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but was there a specific hertz sports car club program in 69 as in 66 with a membership card,special rental requirements,etc.,or did hertz just rent Shelby’s along with their other rentals?I know Shelby didn’t make a special model but am unfamiliar with the other particulars.Thanks!

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 02:00:00 PM »
The article is new though the restoration is now about 7 years old. As I understand it was first published on Mustang 360 a couple of days ago and now picked up by other internet car sites.  I understand its going to be in Mustang Monthly in the coming months

As far as identifying the car it's -481897.  During the research we discovered is/was one of the first cars to get the "big" suspension 69's. We also found that Ford saved a few dollars by slapping on the narrower earlier tires on the cars that they leased to Hertz. Car presently has the wider tires though. I posted allot of pictures of the build when it was being restored and those threads have become very popular with one getting over 11,000 views so far.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:09:21 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 02:06:42 PM »
Jeff,

Thanks for the VIN. I did look at your site and saw several pictures. However a number of pictures do not show.

Thanks again,

Dennis

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 02:11:58 PM »
Jeff,

Thanks for the VIN. I did look at your site and saw several pictures. However a number of pictures do not show.

Odd since I though the new management at PhotoBucket had removed the blocks.  If you can identify the thread and even the post I will rebuild the post so that pictures can be seen.  Just part of the job  ::)   Without photos its not as helpful and have rebuilt many during the PhotoBucket mess .
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 03:29:31 PM »
Jeff,

It was the link that you provided. I clicked on it again and a number of pictures were now visible that did not work before.

However I could not see the pictures in post number 13. I will try again later, it may just be my computer.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 03:49:36 PM »
Jeff,

It was the link that you provided. I clicked on it again and a number of pictures were now visible that did not work before.

However I could not see the pictures in post number 13. I will try again later, it may just be my computer.

That was TOBKOB that share a link to one of the threads related to the restoration but in any case feed back is helpful since my computer shows all of the pictures and if someone can't we need to address that issue if its on our end

Reply #13 in that thread was posted by the owner Dan and doesn't include any pictures

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 09:38:30 PM »
That was TOBKOB that share a link to one of the threads related to the restoration but in any case feed back is helpful since my computer shows all of the pictures and if someone can't we need to address that issue if its on our end

Jeff, it works for me... I appreciate all the hard work you put into these forums. I referred to these threads regularly while #2060 was being restored. Again thanks. :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970