News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Matt Damon to play Carroll Shelby in up-coming movie

Started by NC TRACKRAT, June 20, 2018, 08:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 23, 2019, 01:08:55 PM
Curious:  Has anyone from SAAC been contacted about being a technical advisor for the movie?   

Where else are they going to find guys who were there back in the day, and/or know the stats, facts and minutae like a Ford-obsessed savant?

Of course, that makes too much sense for Hollywood.  And probably too late now anyway.  I heard that filming is scheduled to wrap in July.
.   Yeah but if they did that they might get it right,,,,,That's kinda counterintuitive (for Hollywood...) ;D

Side-Oilers

Quote from: Shelbyneeds on January 23, 2019, 04:59:53 PM
I was headed to Miller Motorsports Park for a day of driving after buying my 2013 BOSS 302LS. In the plane seated next to me was an older woman who was asleep except for the last 15 minutes of the flight. We talked a bit and she asked me where I was headed. I told her and her comment was " I used to work with Carroll and the gang back in the '60's. The partying and carrying on can't be talked about today. We would all be in trouble." I thought "Why the hell couldn't we have talked since boarding and not just 15 minutes. I would have recorded everything she told me." It all happened so fast that I neglected to get her name. Not that she would have given it to me anyway. She should be a resource for the movie!

Yes, what a treasure trove of off-the-books entertainment she would be!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

csxsfm

I used to buy parts and tires from Shelby's operations in LA.  I learned to go in the morning.  It was hard to find his "administrative assistants" to process your orders after noon.

Don Johnston

Release date is June 28, 2019.  You have been warned. 8)

deathsled

I'm excited to see it regardless.  And there is no such thing as toxic masculinity.  I reject such notions out of hand.  I refuse to live in such a world and substitute said world with my own.  Movies pay for social justice agendas.  It killed Star Wars in the last couple of films.  I'll use my manosphere filter to weed out the social justice crap in the Shelby film and just enjoy it for what it is.  Hopefully...
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: deathsled on January 30, 2019, 09:18:48 PM
I'm excited to see it regardless.  And there is no such thing as toxic masculinity.  I reject such notions out of hand.  I refuse to live in such a world and substitute said world with my own.  Movies pay for social justice agendas.  It killed Star Wars in the last couple of films.  I'll use my manosphere filter to weed out the social justice crap in the Shelby film and just enjoy it for what it is.  Hopefully...
Well said brother......well said.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Dkutz

FL SAAC

that is kool,  i will ask a friend of ours that oversees a few theaters down in this area if they are having a showing here

thanks for sharing

Quote from: Dkutz on February 24, 2019, 06:54:05 PM
I got this invite to watch a preview
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

Looks like the release date has been pushed to November 2019.  Must be some mishaps in the pits.

Extra details on the movie found at the Team Shelby site:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1950186/?ref_=nv_sr_2

8)

CSX 4133

honker

I don''t  know if these are from the Shelby film, or the Ford versus Ferrari one ?

Don Johnston

Cool camera rig.dig the cage(can you say calosha?)

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"