News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Matt Damon to play Carroll Shelby in up-coming movie

Started by NC TRACKRAT, June 20, 2018, 08:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX 4133

My choices to depict CS are Dennis Quaid and Tommy Lee Jones for the older CS. Matt Damon, even with makeup, would be an abomination.

Actually I think T.L. Jones would work.Good call!!!

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

Don Johnston

Don Johnston

Unless it is a docu-drama directed and produced by Ron Howard, I do not expect it to be more than a sham. Hollywood version of CS life needs box office.  So it will get someone that has no gravelly voice or Texas stature.  There will the ripping off of bib overalls to reveal the lead character with a spandex crime fighter suit with a styled cobra across his chest.  The Ford GTs and Cobra roadsters need to have missile launching side pipes to destroy Italian warlords.  At least 80 percent of the vehicles used in race track scenes will be destroyed in cataclysmic crashes that are done in slow motion, multi camera sequences Xbox style. Numerous stunt men will be agonizingly injured trying to perfect a three step hop and jump over the rear of a Cobra and the drivers roll bar to quickly slither into the drivers seat.  A number of Kardashian look-alikes will be presented as willing damsels thrilled by all the fast track experiences.

Can't wait for the final product!  8)

shelbydoug

What it comes down to, is Shelby is just a cult hero. There is not going to be recognition like Lincoln would have and maybe if you get Speilberg, he could change it into some kind of an "Indiana Jones" spinoff with a cowboy hat and boots?

At best, this is a tv "Movie of the week" story.

What's the hook going to be? All the Cobra rip off copied wanna be's? You mean just like the 'Fiberfab' GT40 VW's? Exciting?

Maybe you can get Angie Dickenson to do another shower scene?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

just heard the name of this movie will be (drum roll)......the continuation......
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Well the only thing I have signed by C.S. Is a videocassette copy of a bio. About him...Forgot what it's called but not bad until you get to the Chrysler part...It has never been any where near my car(by design) :D

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on June 23, 2018, 08:33:48 AM
just heard the name of this movie will be (drum roll)......the continuation......

LOL!  Now THAT'S funny!  ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

GT350Lad

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on June 23, 2018, 09:56:21 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on June 23, 2018, 08:33:48 AM

LOL!  Now THAT'S funny!  ;D

Well said haha
6S373
6S1276

Don Johnston

Won't that be the sequel done by another production company, different director and actors but still licensed to proceed as part of the original? 8)

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on June 24, 2018, 01:16:42 AM
Won't that be the sequel done by another production company, different director and actors but still licensed to proceed as part of the original? 8)

aloha don
you just made our day lmao!
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

6s1802

ChicagoChris

QuoteWasn't he leaving the country over Trump?

One can only hope.