News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Matt Damon to play Carroll Shelby in up-coming movie

Started by NC TRACKRAT, June 20, 2018, 08:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

naaa, this really happening...was not aware of this...by the way have you ever seen a painting of CS done in 66 ???
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

pchmotoho

Quote from: Richstang on June 26, 2018, 03:53:25 PM
Quote from: Richstang on June 26, 2018, 03:31:08 PM
More info on the current and previous movie projects.
No mention of an actor in the part of Enzo, but Ken Miles (Christian Bale) and Lee Iacocca (Jon Bernthal) are named.

https://www.autoclassics.com/posts/news/ferrari-vs-ford-film-2018

If filming is starting this summer I wonder if anything will be done at LAX?

A lot of it will be filmed in Aqua Dulce and at Willow. 

Don Johnston

If filming is starting this summer I wonder if anything will be done at LAX?
[/quote]

Probably at Ontario airport as LAX too busy and Ontario is the usual substitute.

1967 eight barrel

KONT looks nothing like KLAX hangers.  I had seen some filming at KCNO a few times.  It'll be interesting to identify location in the movie.

-Keith

Don Johnston

Very true.  KONT terminal and runways are used frequently, but I have no idea what they will use for the exterior shots of the original hangers.  Probably the interior shots will be in a sound stage for all the Shelby shop locations. 

CSX 4133

Have heard there is a casting call for some filming in the Savannah Georgia area. Supposibly the film crew will be using the Hutchinson Island race track, no mention of any cars. You would think they would need quite a few cars to simulate a period "racing field" for shooting scenes.

Extras casting call
CDC Extras Casting is looking for extras ages 18 and older who either live in Savannah or have a place to stay within 90 minutes of the city.

Extras will be paid $75 for eight hours of work.

Because the movie is set in the 1960s, hair, makeup and clothing sizes are important, the casting call says.

To apply, email three photos — no selfies, no hats and no sunglasses, the casting call says — to CDCExtrasCasting@gmail.com. The photos should be a closeup of your face, a full-body shot and one from the waist up.

The casting call says you should be wearing "conservative attire, such as a suit, a button down shirt, polo. Ladies in a sundress or party attire. Think CLASSY. TIMELESS. Think you are going to a REALLY NICE PARTY in a park. Only YOU in the photo, no other people in the photo. (60s influenced hair, all the better!!)"

The subject line on the email should be these words exactly: UNTITLED PROJECT - CORE.

In the body of the email, list your name, phone number, city you currently live in, and all clothes sizes. For men, include height; weight; and coat, shirt, pants and shoes sizes. For women, include height, weight, dress size, measurements and shoe size.

There is no phone number listed with the casting call. For more information, visit the casting agency's Facebook page.

Dsten

Looks like the mulsanne straight  has moved  to South Georgia. 

68countrysedan

". . .crew built a mock up race track." Guess they might have meant pit.

Now I wonder if they'll have mock up GT MkIIs built on Corvette chassis. :o

PS: Does the director know 3 Fords crossed the finish line and not just one?

Side-Oilers

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on October 30, 2018, 04:47:44 PM
Ford Versus Ferrari - photos of Christian Bale as Ken Miles.

Bale needs big giant nose and chin prosthetics if he wants to look more like The Hawk.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

Ford Versus Ferrari - photos of Christian Bale as Ken Miles.

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert