Author Topic: wiring harness clips(on export brace)  (Read 3573 times)

EdwardGT350

• View Profile
wiring harness clips(on export brace)
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:53:52 PM »
per assembly manual 2 are required.
#372303-s100 clip
page E6-8115-1
#5 in diaghram
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:55:31 PM by EdwardGT350 »
1966 GT350 6s1761

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: wiring harness clips(on export brace)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 03:38:15 PM »
per assembly manual 2 are required.
#372303-s100 clip
page E6-8115-1
#5 in diaghram
Thanks for sharing. :)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

EdwardGT350

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 03:44:26 PM »
i should have been more clear. ive never seen these clips. assembly manual correct. are these clips available from usual suppliers?
1966 GT350 6s1761

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 04:11:46 PM »
Not used on a 1968 Shelby...a rubber strap is used...available from AMK and some other vendors

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 04:16:42 PM »
i should have been more clear. ive never seen these clips. assembly manual correct. are these clips available from usual suppliers?
Yes but they never fit as well on the thick metal of the export brace as they do on a regular Mustang brace so don't be surprised . Many times they must have gotten lost for that reason before ever making it to SA or maybe taken off there. They do help hold the wires up . I have seen so many GT350's without them I have never deducted for them missing. Given concours competition is your goal I would suggest leaving them off. For a pleasure driven car they will keep the wires from flopping in the breeze. NPD has them in their catalog if you can't find them on a donor Mustang
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:50:08 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

EdwardGT350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 04:40:38 PM »
btw. how to remove the inner fender clips that hold the wires? whats the trick?
1966 GT350 6s1761

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 04:53:30 PM »
btw. how to remove the inner fender clips that hold the wires? whats the trick?
I use a thin flat screw driver to pry apart and needle nose pliers to hold ribbed stem until they are sufficiently far enough apart to separate without holding.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 08:03:38 PM »
Though they were used on 66  Mustangs I believe that they were not used on export cars or Shelby's. Clips are much more difficult to install (taking up time) and I've not found scratches on original export braces that would support that they were there at some point and fell off.

Have plenty of unrestored car pictures without the clips but thought I would instead share some pictures from 65 and 66 since this is a detail shared with both years and cars.  Can't find an example in print of any being used. Sorry for some of the quality of the scans but in examples I used I choose ones where you could follow the sharp edges of the export brace to indicate if anything was attached to that edge

Hope this adds to the discussion as always
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge