News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby cars and coffee Las Vegas

Started by 427hunter, January 30, 2023, 11:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427hunter

I went from the normal cars and coffee in Henderson over to the Shelby cars and coffee in Vegas- mostly newer Shelby cars and kit cobras but still cool - they all appreciated the 69 - hard to believe there are not more Shelby's here in Vegas? At least down here they know what the gt500 is, when I had it up north in Reno people thought it was a custom car ??? Oh in Reno 6S853 is a red mustang.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

owenkelley

I saw your car at the Eastern Ave Cars and Coffee and was hoping to visit with you, but by the time I came back around to your car you had left. Your car is absolutely beautiful. I love the black California plate with the stickers peeled back to 1969. My '67 GT500 is an original black plate California car that still had them on it when I bought it in 1982. I peeled the stickers back to '67. There was a '67 Corvette at Cars and Coffee on Eastern Avenue that also had black plates peeled back to 1967. Pretty cool to see.

427hunter

Quote from: owenkelley on February 01, 2023, 12:00:42 PM
I saw your car at the Eastern Ave Cars and Coffee and was hoping to visit with you, but by the time I came back around to your car you had left. Your car is absolutely beautiful. I love the black California plate with the stickers peeled back to 1969. My '67 GT500 is an original black plate California car that still had them on it when I bought it in 1982. I peeled the stickers back to '67. There was a '67 Corvette at Cars and Coffee on Eastern Avenue that also had black plates peeled back to 1967. Pretty cool to see.

Thanks!

I am looking forward to seeing your 67...
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

sd427

Quote from: owenkelley on February 01, 2023, 12:00:42 PM
I love the black California plate with the stickers peeled back to 1969. My '67 GT500 is an original black plate California car that still had them on it when I bought it in 1982. I peeled the stickers back to '67. There was a '67 Corvette at Cars and Coffee on Eastern Avenue that also had black plates peeled back to 1967. Pretty cool to see.
Are you talking about display only plates, or plates that the car is actually registered on?

Cars from the 60's that have been continuously registered in CA since the 60's, would have black plates with a current year sticker, and no other year sticker. But CA has a program that allows retro-fitting the black plates onto 63-69/70 cars, and those would have two year stickers, one for the model year of the car, plus the current year.  It normally would not be legal to have a CA black 60's style plate with only the old year visible. My discussion excludes the new style black CA legacy plates.

owenkelley

I live in Montana so my California plates are just for show. When I purchased the car in '82 there were stickers piled on top of each other so I peeled them all off until I got to the first sticker from 1967. I've driven to shows with them on and have never been stopped for it, so I run with them occasionally.

sd427

Nice.  When you no longer need that CA plate, it is worth money, if you have the pair.  Even without the old sticker now showing, it is worth money to car owners in CA, as a candidate to be retro-fitted, but with the sticker, for someone with that year of car, that will save them from having to buy the year sticker separately.

crossboss

Excellent cars this morning, Saturday Feb 4th. This is turning out to be a really good gathering here in Vegas/Henderson.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30