Author Topic: Glove box door sticker  (Read 743 times)

Karguy

• View Profile
Glove box door sticker
« on: February 05, 2023, 05:07:47 PM »
6S281 was built at San Jose around the middle of October 65. I’m trying to figure out which would be the correct sticker for the back of the glove box door. There is a mark now that shows it was about 4“ x 1 7/16“,( see the picture ). The reproduction stickers for air pressure look like a different dimension, more square. Does anyone know which sticker should be on the back of this glove box door?
 Thank you very much in advance!
 Karl
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: Glove box door sticker
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 06:37:01 PM »
Yes that "reproduction" is terrible and its easy to see many differences

Change, by survey and examples , appear to have taken place in November 65 as to where the sticker/decal was attached.

So for your October 65 Mustang/Shelby the sticker would have typically been attached to the glove box door towards the center of the car.

Have no idea of that sticker was attached to the back of your glove box door example but its clear to see that it wasn't the tire pressure one that left that shadow

If you want more information and pictures of original stickers and their location its available below

« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 06:41:17 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Karguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 11:43:35 PM »
Thank you Jeff, I did go and look at Concours Mustang which is where I should always start prior to asking too many questions. You have done a great job of amassing great information on that site over the years. There was a post from a gentleman named Jim who had a San Jose car built about the same time but after mine. His sticker was exactly where you said it should go on the inboard side of the glove box door. Any thoughts on who might have the best reproduction sticker? Thanks again!
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

6S280

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 10:47:48 PM »
I can confirm that the sticker on 6S280 was attached to the glove box door towards the center of the car when I purchased it in 1987.