News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What has happened to Shelby prices?

Started by 427hunter, June 23, 2018, 08:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on June 24, 2018, 11:55:01 AM
My price is still the same. Don't come knocking on my door and telling me to sell you my car because you just saw one sell at your price. Your price isn't important. Mine is.

No tickie. No washie. No money, you walkie. Simple.

+ 1
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

69gt500

Interestingly enough, if you look on the B-J website, that particular car cannot be found. It has vanished so one must conclude that something was not quite right with the car.

427heaven

69gt500

I think the car was Lot# 712. That Lot# no longer exists.

Not quite right=fake?Just trying to get the terminology straight.. :P

Richstang

https://azure.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1967-SHELBY-GT500-219892

Lot #712 - This highly original Shelby is one of 2,048 fastbacks produced in 1967. It is powered by its original big-block 428ci V8 police interceptor engine with 10:1 compression, high-lift camshaft and a pair of 600 CFA Holley 4-barrel carburetors with progressive linkage and vacuum secondary. The engine resides in a professionally detailed engine bay and is backed by an automatic transmission. This Shelby comes equipped with progressive-rate springs, power front disc brakes, rear drum brakes, 10-spoke original aluminum wheels, factory oil and temperature Stewart Warner Gauges, original AM radio and many more original Shelby components.

VIN 67410F2U01724
Exterior Color DARK BLUE
Interior Color PARCHMENT
Cylinders 8
Engine Size 428CI
Transmission 3-SPEED AUTOMATIC

Lot 712 noted sold at $93,500 (includes buyers commission)
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

SBCARGUY

I know this has been said over an over... And I can't comment on that particular 67, as I haven't seen it in person...

BUT... A GREAT Shelby still commands a premium, both at public auctions and private sales  8)

It is my belief that the Shelby market is just fine.

Just my 2 cents.

Hockeylife

I am looking to buy, so clearly prices are on the downtrend. Once I buy, or look to sell, then clearly prices will be fine, if not increasing. Applies to Shelby's as well. Too easy to describe the BJ auction as a fake, or must be fake, to explain away what seems like a low price. I am looking for a 67, must be 4 speed, but following prices where ever they show up. Comps matter.

Quote from: Vernon Estes on June 23, 2018, 08:53:20 PM
Prices are strong right now.

Not familiar with the Barrett car but there's no shortage of reasons why a car can go for a price that some might consider is under the money.

The market is pretty efficient though.

Vern

Agreed +1

Remember if you aren't a VIP at BJ, they don't put a lot of extra effort to get the maximum amount. You might also get a horrible time slot assigned.

I think they also only do no-reserve auctions. If there aren't the 2 "right guys" in the room, you might end up on the bad end of the transaction.

GT350Lad

Quote from: 2112 on June 25, 2018, 12:18:57 AM
Remember if you aren't a VIP at BJ, they don't put a lot of extra effort to get the maximum amount. You might also get a horrible time slot assigned.

I think they also only do no-reserve auctions. If there aren't the 2 "right guys" in the room, you might end up on the bad end of the transaction.

Agree,all about the time slot
6S373
6S1276

Quote from: GT350Lad on June 25, 2018, 05:40:21 AM
Quote from: 2112 on June 25, 2018, 12:18:57 AM

Agree,all about the time slot.    Why,because if it's later the high rollers have more free drinks in em?? 8)