News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What has happened to Shelby prices?

Started by 427hunter, June 23, 2018, 08:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: sfm5 on June 27, 2018, 07:11:43 PM
Quote from: BGlover67 on June 27, 2018, 03:20:50 PM
Every time someone tries to tell me that subsequent generations are not valuing classic Shelby's as much as past owners have, I just think of the Boss 9. It's value sure doesn't seem to have been diminished by the changing tastes of all the younger folks getting involved in this hobby.  Same holds true for original cobras. Blue chip collectibles will generally always stay that way because true beauty and design doesn't change according to generation.  I can show a present day 18 year old a picture of Sophia Loren from 40 years ago, and ask if they think she is beautiful and Ill bet most would say absolutely.

I think of the 1930's classics such as Duesenbergs, Mercedes 540Ks, etc., that have never been worth more and where the original generation of owners have not only "aged out" of the hobby but are long gone.

There is a difference. There are classics that are classics for their time and there are cars that are classics for all time.

A classic for all time could be used today for everyday transportation. You are kind of stretching it to say that a Dusenberg could. I think that is part of the difference but not all of it.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Don Johnston

Maybe the new generations will demand a re-issue of the Baker Electric, oops, I mean, continuation model. Get an original now while affordable.