News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

car stalls when light on

Started by Doog 427, June 25, 2018, 11:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doog 427

Hi
Driving with high beam lights on for 10-15 minutes they flicker and eventually lights go out, tonight driving low beams 10-15 m lights went out and then little later motor just stopped, only way get home is to turn off lights. Ideas?

TY
Steve

FL SAAC

possibly not enough juice being generated, bad ground,  alternator or regulator. have you checked these out? or take it into a shop?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

KR Convertible

Are you using halogen bulbs?  You could be overloading your headlight switch.  Headlight switch could also be failing.  Be careful choosing a replacement, lots of junk out there!

kjspeed

1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Corey Bowcutt

I can tell you I had a similar issue with my 68 but it would shut off when I applied the brakes.  My tail lights and dash lights would also intermittently turn on and off when lights were on and brakes were applied.  It turned out to be my light switch.  I changed it out ($30) and all problems went away.  Worth a shot.

Corey

Doog 427

Hi, OK some good ideas thank you, put meter to battery only 12V, so switched out regulator and it didn't help, 1 wire on back alternator frayed but fixed that and still 12V, so removed alternator and shop told me it was tired, had it re built
Thank you for help
Steve