News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Vintage road race Shelby GT350 Mustang fire bottle / fire system “Fire Fighter"

Started by BGlover67, June 26, 2018, 06:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Not mine, but do you think this really came from a vintage GT350R?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-road-race-Shelby-GT350-Mustang-fire-bottle-fire-system-Fire-Fighter/173379369668?hash=item285e373ac4:g:to4AAOSwDzFbMBTf

Vintage road race Shelby GT350 Mustang fire bottle / fire system . Here is a fire bottle from vintage road race fire system. This bottle was removed from a Shelby GT350 road race car. It weighs a total of 8lbs so it should be at least a 5lb. bottle. The bottle date is not legible so I would assume it is approx. 10 years old but the gauge is still in the green so it has some life left in it. The  brand name is "Fire Fighter". This would be good for someone's street car that wants a little more protection that a typical 2 ½ lb. hand held bottle. The activation cable is intact with the mounting bracket. You would need to plumb new lines to the point of contact for the bottle to spray. These systems are expensive new and if you are a hobbyist you wants something for a good deal this is perfect. Winner pays actual UPS shipping cost. Will accept all forms of payment. Good luck bidding !

Bidding starts at $0.99

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

davez

Jollyrog is I believe cobra automotive, so it was probably in a road race 350. I don't think they say it was in an original r model though. They say the bottle is at least 10 years old.  I'm not sure those existed when the cars were new but I could be wrong.
Dz

427heaven

10 YEAR OLD FIRE SUPPRESSION BOTTLES are different than 53 year old fire suppression systems. They had not learned yet about the need for this in the 1960s. Look at the horrible INDY car crashes and related fires,my guess is that it is a much newer setup.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: BGlover67 on June 26, 2018, 06:38:44 AM

Not mine, but do you think this really came from a vintage GT350R?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-road-race-Shelby-GT350-Mustang-fire-bottle-fire-system-Fire-Fighter/173379369668?hash=item285e373ac4:g:to4AAOSwDzFbMBTf

Vintage road race Shelby GT350 Mustang fire bottle / fire system . Here is a fire bottle from vintage road race fire system. This bottle was removed from a Shelby GT350 road race car. It weighs a total of 8lbs so it should be at least a 5lb. bottle. The bottle date is not legible so I would assume it is approx. 10 years old but the gauge is still in the green so it has some life left in it. The  brand name is "Fire Fighter". This would be good for someone's street car that wants a little more protection that a typical 2 ½ lb. hand held bottle. The activation cable is intact with the mounting bracket. You would need to plumb new lines to the point of contact for the bottle to spray. These systems are expensive new and if you are a hobbyist you wants something for a good deal this is perfect. Winner pays actual UPS shipping cost. Will accept all forms of payment. Good luck bidding !

Bidding starts at $0.99

It might have come on a vintage R model that had been upgraded with it within the last 20 years . It was not something from in the 1960's .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

98SVT - was 06GT

NOT original: ABOUT SPA
Since its inception in 1989 SPA Design has continued to develop and expand its product range to meet the ever changing needs of the Motorsport Industry.

http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/about
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless