News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 GT350 SEARCH

Started by Kurt Schlesselman, March 22, 2023, 09:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt Schlesselman

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to do this.  In 1967 I bought a GT350 form a local dealer in Elmira, NY. The car less than 6000 miles on it and I ended up trading my 1967 GT 390 with cash for it. Of course, I was excited and loved the car. Originally registered in NYS I moved to New Jersey in 1968 and registered in there. In all the glory days and crazyness of the day, I completely ignored recording the VIN# on the Shelby. Now I'm kicking myself for it and would really like to find the VIN number so I can register it with the Shelby groups.
  The car was sold in 1972 in the Philly area [after having been stolen or broken in to 3 times]and that's the last I remember.
  I've recently called the NYS and NJ BMV to help me but there are now too many "privacy laws" in place and I've reached a dead end.
Any suggestions to help me trace this car back to find the VIN?

An original dealer name would help a lot.Also a specific description of the car's characteristics,options,etc.

JD

Suggest you contact DAVID MATHEWS <dmathews@prodigy.net>, SAAC '67 Shelby registrar ...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bill

Quote from: JD on March 22, 2023, 11:47:23 PM
Suggest you contact DAVID MATHEWS <dmathews@prodigy.net>, SAAC '67 Shelby registrar ...

^^^^^^^THIS, and only this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

tesgt350

There is a web site that I used to go to where I would type in the VIN# and it would tell me when the Vehicle was last Registered and I can't find the Site.

J_Speegle

Quote from: tesgt350 on March 23, 2023, 01:49:44 PM
There is a web site that I used to go to where I would type in the VIN# and it would tell me when the Vehicle was last Registered and I can't find the Site.

That's not a surprise.  ::) Likely shut down for one reason or another
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

capecodmustang.com

Quote from: Kurt Schlesselman on March 22, 2023, 09:06:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to do this.  In 1967 I bought a GT350 form a local dealer in Elmira, NY. The car less than 6000 miles on it and I ended up trading my 1967 GT 390 with cash for it. Of course, I was excited and loved the car. Originally registered in NYS I moved to New Jersey in 1968 and registered in there. In all the glory days and crazyness of the day, I completely ignored recording the VIN# on the Shelby. Now I'm kicking myself for it and would really like to find the VIN number so I can register it with the Shelby groups.
  The car was sold in 1972 in the Philly area [after having been stolen or broken in to 3 times]and that's the last I remember.
  I've recently called the NYS and NJ BMV to help me but there are now too many "privacy laws" in place and I've reached a dead end.
Any suggestions to help me trace this car back to find the VIN?

Color and transmission type would be helpful....