News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

KR on eBay

Started by Coralsnake, June 28, 2018, 03:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Bob Gaines

After reading the back story on Pete's website it is kind of sad to hear that it is leaving again. Life goes on I guess.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bigfoot

Damn
Feeling nostalgic as well......
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Where there's a will there's a way...Cool story!!!

kjspeed

Posting for posterity.

1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR - Original - Numbers Matching
8T02R210987-03860

Complete Concours Restoration completed in the 1990's with inspection and assembly markings. First place show winner and registered with the Shelby American Automobile Club.

My brother bought this car on June 26th, 1969 as a left over from Jack Gibbons City Ford in Watchung, NJ and sold the car in 1974.  In 2016 I tracked the car down and purchased it back for my brother.  The car had been sitting for several years in a garage in Texas.  I had the vehicle repainted by a professional Auto Body Shop in New Jersey.  The car starts right up and runs well.  I have photographs of the restoration done in the 90s and documentation of the cars history.

Acapulco Blue
Black Interior
Four Speed
10 spoke wheels
Traction-Lok
Functioning Tilt Steering Wheel
428 Cobra Jet with Ram Air

These are only two issues I have noticed while owning the vehicle.  The transmission sometimes pops out of 2nd gear into neutral.  I do not know if this is an issue with the linkage or the transmission.  There is also a small nick in the paint on the passenger side rear quarter panel as well as a crack in the paint on the passenger side hood scoop. 

The car is located in Montclair, NJ.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to make an appointment to see the vehicle.  Car must be paid for within 7 days via Certified Bank Check.  I will not release the vehicle until the check clears. 
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Shelby_r_b

GREAT backstory. Love the color, too!
Nothing beats a classic!

Bigfoot

That blue looks great on a 67 or later Shelby
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

PR

I just wondering why the the antenna is on the fender on that numbered car