News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 Black Battery Shield For Sale C7ZB-10A682-B SALE PENDING

Started by Fast Fords, June 28, 2018, 11:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Fords

I have a used black battery shield for a '67 for sale. On the inside is marked C7ZB-10A682-b with FOMOCO in a square box after the number. The shield is not damaged or cracked but does have some wear and tear scuff marks as expected. Tabs are still in place for mounting. A hard part to find that is undamaged and straight. Check to see if this is correct for your car. Price is $250 plus shipping. Email gandcmurphy@rogers.com Thanks.

Fast Fords

Bump  .....SALE PENDING.

Survivor

Were any '67 Shelby's outfitted with this part? 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: anthonyjeffery@comcast.ne on August 15, 2018, 06:06:19 PM
Were any '67 Shelby's outfitted with this part?
GT500 with A/C or thermactor for sure. Typically gray in those cases. Ether color is accepted.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

texas swede

Hi Bob,
This is interesting. My 67 GT500 (402F package) was originally equipped with thermactor. My car has no shield
and hasn't had any for the 41 years I have owned it. Is there a way to make sure it had one from new, like
holes or something in the panel.
Texas Swede

mjv458

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on August 15, 2018, 11:03:13 PM
Hi Bob,
This is interesting. My 67 GT500 (402F package) was originally equipped with thermactor. My car has no shield
and hasn't had any for the 41 years I have owned it. Is there a way to make sure it had one from new, like
holes or something in the panel.
Texas Swede
That's not surprising it didn't have one when you got it. Most didn't stay with the cars. No unfortunately there are no tell tale signs. Your car being over 9 years old when you got it probably already had at least 2 or 3 batteries in it besides the assemblyline battery it was born with. Not to say it could not have been a anomaly and not gotten one however It was more likely tossed out like so many were the first or second time the battery was replaced. Owners didn't think they did any good and didn't care before originality was a issue.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

texas swede

Thanks Bob,
How was the shield fastened on the panel?
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on August 16, 2018, 09:21:58 AM
Thanks Bob,
How was the shield fastened on the panel?
Texas Swede
Held in place by battery hold down.