Author Topic: Driving Advisories  (Read 4456 times)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Driving Advisories
« on: June 29, 2018, 06:05:22 PM »
It would be nice to get some driving advisories for those who regularly drive in the Bay area and up around San Rafael, Sonoma, Santa Rosa and Martinez.  There are a lot of SAAC-43 events to get to in different areas as well as getting to and from San Rafael from  San Francisco, Oakland or Sacramento.  Every destination has traffic challenges, rush hours and such.  For those who cruise around the affected areas during the work week or weekends, it would be good to have some advice as to best routes and best travel times in either direction for us out of towners.

Thanks in advance. 8)

mr68shelby

• View Profile
Re: Driving Advisories
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 11:47:04 PM »
Another help request! What is the best route from Bakersfield? I5? Hwy 99? Then what route as I get closer in? Will be in the truck with 24' car hauler. Thanks! Mike

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 01:28:21 AM »
Another help request! What is the best route from Bakersfield? I5? Hwy 99? Then what route as I get closer in? Will be in the truck with 24' car hauler. Thanks! Mike

I5 will be a better route most of the time from that short of a distance

Then over the Altamont Pass dropping down into Livermore area then from there you make a choice of over and up through Richmond then San Rafael  and up (580-101-37) or up through Vallejo (680) and out across the marshes (37) 

Just an opinion

Safe travels
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:30:27 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

mr68shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 01:28:03 AM »
Thanks! Mike

torch40

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 10:46:52 AM »
Unless you're traveling before 6:00 am or after 8:00pm  allow for heavy traffic everywhere during the week. The weekend is somewhat better but still can be tough.
I know that is not a lot of help but in general I would add 30-60 minutes to your travel time. If you catch the traffic right and get there  early you'll have more time to hang out at the track.  :)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 10:52:55 PM »
I notice that there is a 511 app and web site to show traffic challenges in the Bay area, including some work up at Windsor (Denbeste land) as well as highways and bridges getting to San Rafael from Oakland and San Francisco.
https://511.org/

8)

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 10:42:33 AM »
Are the fires in Redding affecting the traffic on Interstate 5?

Several of us are driving down from Oregon and Washington.