News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

69 GT500 console gauges

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, April 09, 2023, 09:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

I have all new wiring (Alloy Metals) and both new gauges (Branda) installed, along with new sending units. I have checked the installation, but am not getting any readings on either gauges. No drop off on the ammeter when I turn on the key. No pressure reading on oil. All the connections have been checked (with a power probe) and are good. My interior toggle is working and I have verified the grounds.  I need some suggestions from some of you electrical guru's.

Bill

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on April 09, 2023, 09:39:13 AM
I have all new wiring (Alloy Metals) and both new gauges (Branda) installed, along with new sending units. I have checked the installation, but am not getting any readings on either gauges. No drop off on the ammeter when I turn on the key. No pressure reading on oil. All the connections have been checked (with a power probe) and are good. My interior toggle is working and I have verified the grounds.  I need some suggestions from some of you electrical guru's.

Look closely at the gauge/center console harness wiring vs that of the plug at the dash. A few years ago, I had an issue where two of the color coded wires were crossed in the harness plug. You should be able to match up the color codes on both sides of the harness/plug. If two are crossed, then you'll need to make some splices to correct this issue.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

69 GT350 Vert

I'm not sure if the branda reproduction gauges are wired and grounded the same as the original faria gauges and gauge cups.  From memory, the original oil gauge gets power from the green/black wire directly connected to a post on the fuse panel on the firewall. Are you getting 12v at the gauge at the green/black wire for the oil gauge?