Author Topic: 67 Rear Caps (fender extensions) -- Hardware  (Read 4938 times)

GT350DAVE

• View Profile
Re: 67 Rear Caps (fender extensions) -- Hardware
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 10:34:02 PM »
No numbers anywhere. I have another one with no number but don’t know it’s history.9
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

Bossbill

• SAAC Member
  • In the middle of Puget Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2022, 04:17:36 PM »

Yes to the three holes in the lower "tail" for the cars that got 3 screws.

If you are a SAAC member go to the www.SAAC.com website and log in to the members/members only section.

then the "Members Area" and the "Shelby American" it will provide a pull-down list, select the 2013 Fall issue.  There is a 3-part article on the "1967 Shelby's" it can provide some images and some (not all) reference on the many variations that effect the '67's.  (If you were a member back then the article is in print in the 2013 Annual that you may have somewhere.)  The article is about 15 pages.

There is a photo of the end caps with one screw and another with 3 screws.

The site requires you to load Adobe Flash. That was deprecated years ago.

I downloaded the pages  awhile back, but others no longer have access.
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2022, 02:06:22 PM »
Example from an earlier car to illustrate

Jeff, what car # is that? I'm guessing early

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2022, 02:56:06 PM »
If a original black car it would most likely be early. For those reading although I believe those bolts on the trunk inside to have the correct markings that is not a untouched example. The bolts have been blasted and clear coated. Original RBW bolts of that type would be a zinc phosphate.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 02:57:59 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2022, 09:58:22 PM »
Jeff's Image turned 180 degrees to read date code easier
9   29    2W  ??
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2022, 12:38:45 AM »
Jeff, what car # is that? I'm guessing early

#136 IF I recall correctly Bob and I judged it at SAAC one year in the Survivor class.  Do have cars closer to your car number with the same style on unrestored and restored examples.

And as to the hardware I'm incline to believe it may indeed be original since I have a fair number of cars equipped the same way. Not with separate washer and bolts that some owners and show have used in the past during a repair or poor restoration.  If you notice in the picture provided of this example the lower bolt has not been cleaned or cleared as suggested nor is the one lower on on the other side. Need to graph the early cars with the same or similar hardware, head markings, completion date at SA and other details to see how much of a pattern we have. Believe there are around ten examples when I just scanned through my collection of pictures. Do have examples were the car too damage that was repaired on the car and the hardware on that side don't match and very different while the undamaged side of the rear end has these.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 04:19:00 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2022, 06:06:52 AM »
That is consistent with my car. The only thing different is the outside lower attachment  I have two screws instead of one. It’s very possible it could’ve been previous owner though

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2022, 10:30:24 AM »
The RBW makers mark is commonly seen on many SA applied hardware applications.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2022, 06:53:41 PM »
Reporting back on what I found in my records and pictures.

First needed to sort of ignore the VINs and focus on when the examples were finished/built at SA. With this it sort of tightened up the group

Of the examples I have with the bolts not all of the head markings were visible on all examples but in others all six were clear enough to make out the markings.

My earliest example had SEMS head markings and it had a SA "Build date" (according to the Registry) of 10/10 so a very very early example that may explain the different markings

Of the others I found with the bolts the following four examples were found with head marks of RBW  with and without circle head designs. Without circles beign found on the last one I have right now.

Examples ended up being from each months covering four months. Nov - Feb
In order these cars were built on
11/6/66  - 12/14/66 - 1/4/67 - 2/16/67

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 06:55:26 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2022, 07:37:26 PM »
10-14-66 has SEMS markings consistent with your 10/10 example

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2022, 07:53:39 PM »
10-14-66 has SEMS markings consistent with your 10/10 example

Didn't look it up but would then guess same order group of 84-2505

Will add it to the list. Appears we have evidence and supporting examples for a pattern
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 07:55:17 PM by J_Speegle »