News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Happy Independence Day

Started by 557, July 04, 2018, 06:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great day to be an American!!! Try and take a moment to reflect on how lucky we are...Happy 4th everyone!!! :)

kjspeed

And a great day to own (and drive) something from Shelby American!! Enjoy your independence today and have a happy and safe 4th! ~Kevin
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

TOBKOB

1969 GT350 owned since 1970

JD

Happy Birthday America - 242 years. Thanks to all that have given so much to keep her going and us our freedoms.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

jswoody

Quote from: 557 on July 04, 2018, 06:02:41 AM
Great day to be an American!!! Try and take a moment to reflect on how lucky we are...Happy 4th everyone!!! :)

Well said.  Thank you to all that have served and sacrificed.  Love this day!

mark p

+1, and THANKS to those who serve
(photo from last year)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Rocket

Thanks to all who have, or are serving this great country.  They are the reason we get to do all of the things we love to do. Happy 4th. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

FL SAAC

amen, USA, USA, USA!
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Quote from: mark p on July 04, 2018, 09:20:29 AM
(photo from last year)

What a great photo!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

mark p

Quote from: deathsled on July 04, 2018, 01:14:40 PM
Quote from: mark p on July 04, 2018, 09:20:29 AM
(photo from last year)

What a great photo!

Thanks   8)
That's J8, last July 1 at one of the Simeone Museum's Demonstration Days... they staged it with the giant flag and it looked great.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

gt350cs

Let us always remember that Freedom was and is never Free!!! We need to get back to our founding principles and support those who understand what has made us the greatest nation in the world. God bless you all!

69mach351w

I Shook hands with a WWII veteran the other week while eating breakfast at a Cracker Barrel.

I sincerely Thanked him for his service to his/our country. His Nephew was with him and told me he was a combat soldier of THE  "Battle of Normandy". My knees about buckled and I went on to give him another handshake, a 2-hand, hand shake and my body was trembling inside, and a lump in my throat.

Returning to my table, I couldn't hardly talk to my wife about it for my voice wanted to tremble.  I sat and glanced at this American Hero and wandered inside my head, what it was like to be in such a vicious battle and a turning point in WWII.

Amazing for me to Shake the hand of this True American Hero!!! 

Bigfoot

My cousins husband stormed "the beach's...."
It was always fun to see him. He passed about 2 years ago but is not forgotten.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

CSX 4133

We are losing the "Greatest Generation" all too quickly. Thank you to every Veteran that served this great country, God Bless America.

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/wwii-veteran-statistics

I'm fortunate that I get to shake the hand and hug my Dad who served in WW2. At now 93 years he's in excellent health, still holds a flying license and flies his own planes.