News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Building a Trans Am racing diorama

Started by deathsled, July 04, 2018, 03:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I scored these two Boss 302s 1:64 Hot wheels and also bought a 70 Chaparral Camaro, 70 Posey Challenger and just got a Gurney Barracuda.  I did some research on creating diorama asphalt and it's quite an art.  Anyone else create dioramas?  I'd like to display it on my desk having them going into a turn on a road circuit...Parnelli in the lead of course.  And then switch them around every once in a while.

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bob Gaines

Quote from: deathsled on July 04, 2018, 03:14:18 PM
I scored these two Boss 302s 1:64 Hot wheels and also bought a 70 Chaparral Camaro, 70 Posey Challenger and just got a Gurney Barracuda.  I did some research on creating diorama asphalt and it's quite an art.  Anyone else create dioramas?  I'd like to display it on my desk having them going into a turn on a road circuit...Parnelli in the lead of course.  And then switch them around every once in a while.

Cool idea.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

propayne

That's a great photo you took there deathsled.

Here are some of the Trans-Am die cast cars that I have.

Post some pics of your diorama when you start on it.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

deathsled

Wow!  That's an amazing collection!  I will post once constructed for sure!

Best regards,

Richard E.

69mach351w

Very Cool idea deathsled 8)

I collect Mustang/Shelby/Boss/Ford miniatures myself. I have a couple thousand collection.

I often wondered if anyone here liked/collected mini's.

I build also and I think it's Richstang that builds some high detail 1/24 scale.

Hope he chimes in ;)

CSX 4133

A diorama of Turn 8 at Laguna Seca would make an amazing display piece for your cars. An amazing turn and the scene of some great bouts between Ford and Chevrolet.The 2.5 Challenge wasn't bad either!

deathsled

I will look into it (turn 8 at Laguna) and see what I can do.  (Speaking of which, I took my dad's Laguna out today for a short drive.  Amazing car!)  Never made a diorama before but it looks like fun.  You are never too old to have a happy childhood.

You mean this turn I take it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cij416rSts

69mach351w

We'll get us one of those shirts like Jordan Hembrough of the Toy Hunter show wears,
"Still Plays with Toys" ;D

deathsled

"Toys big and small...I play with them all."  I'll put that on a tee shirt.  Likely make the ladies mad...

427heaven

The only difference between men and boys is the price of the toys! ;)

CSX 4133

Quote from: deathsled on July 04, 2018, 04:52:53 PM
I will look into it (turn 8 at Laguna) and see what I can do.  (Speaking of which, I took my dad's Laguna out today for a short drive.  Amazing car!)  Never made a diorama before but it looks like fun.  You are never too old to have a happy childhood.

You mean this turn I take it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cij416rSts

That's it, three flights down through the corkscrew.

Richstang

Quote from: 69mach351w on July 04, 2018, 04:08:28 PM
Very Cool idea deathsled 8)

I collect Mustang/Shelby/Boss/Ford miniatures myself. I have a couple thousand collection.

I often wondered if anyone here liked/collected mini's.

I build also and I think it's Richstang that builds some high detail 1/24 scale.

Hope he chimes in ;)

Sounds familiar. My die-cast collection is completely out of control. Someday soon, I need to purge some if it.

1/25 - 1/24 scale models are another whole story. I only did one diorama when I was about 11 year old. I think I posted those photos on the old forum.

A diorama of Laguna Seca's corkscrew turn would be Very Cool to see with some of these T/A miniatures!

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

TransamEd

Adelbert from Belgium (Mustang Garage) has reserved as well a part of his 50m glass shelves for the T/A section.

gjz30075

Greg Z
6S2249