Author Topic: Trans am racing at Elkhart Lake July 19-22, 2018  (Read 2788 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Trans am racing at Elkhart Lake July 19-22, 2018
« on: July 04, 2018, 05:40:58 PM »
Looks like at least some of the original Trans am cars may make their way to Road America July 19th, 2018.
http://www.historictransam.com/schedule.html

I plan to go with my son and my dad.  Last and only time I made it there with the son was July 2011.  He seemed to like it but then again he was only two and a half.  He received a signed hat from Edelbrock.  (I preserved the hat lol, kids are hard on things).  Will be interesting to see if he still has any interest in cars in general.  If not, that's fine.  Being in Germany with his mom he has developed an interest in SUVs.  I found that a bit chilling.  But we all need to develop our own personalities.  Just as long as he's interested in something in this life.  I took him to his first NHRA event in 2011 too when he was with me for the year.  He took to that quite well. 

As a joke I parked the Saleen near the Classic Wax 70 Challenger and found a lot of people were checking out the Saleen, some of them to the exclusion of the Challenger.  I found that very odd given the presence of an original green ground pounder so close to take the spot light.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 05:51:08 PM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trans am racing at Elkhart Lake July 19-22, 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 06:57:00 PM »
Keep him curious. He'll want to learn more and have fun. Our grandson is 9 and loves all things car. His parents bought him a gocart at 5 and he regularly hits the indoor cart track.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:59:47 PM by 98SVT - was 06GT »
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 07:00:30 PM »
That's a great shot. He has the good looks of a racer.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 09:36:40 PM »
That’s cool
I remember My youngest getting a “sig” from Peter Brock when we were at SAAC Fontana with Kiwi and SideOilers.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 10:20:45 PM »
That’s cool
I remember My youngest getting a “sig” from Peter Brock when we were at SAAC Fontana with Kiwi and SideOilers.
He got Chuck Cantwell to sign his Lane 5R001 model at Indy. I've got an Exacto Coupe set aside for Peter to sign next time I'm in NV. I've got a prototype 427 matchbox that CS signed in Atlanta for his collection. Also had to add a Lane Red H car to his collection - should see if I can track down Peyton Cramer for that one. He's known since he was about 4 that there are play cars and display cars.

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 10:45:33 PM »
That’s cool
He got Chuck Cantwell to sign his Lane 5R001 model at Indy. I've got an Exacto Coupe set aside for Peter to sign next time I'm in NV. I've got a prototype 427 matchbox that CS signed in Atlanta for his collection. Also had to add a Lane Red H car to his collection - should see if I can track down Peyton Cramer for that one. He's known since he was about 4 that there are play cars and display cars.

I'm surprised CS would sign a tiny Matchbox car. Was the prototype 427 Cobra unpainted die-cast or solid white painted?
Also which windshield did it have the curved small race version or the full street version?
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 11:06:53 PM »
I had Chuck sign the Visor in my car during a Regional SAAC meet while I was with another youngster.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 11:59:50 PM »
That’s cool
I'm surprised CS would sign a tiny Matchbox car. Was the prototype 427 Cobra unpainted die-cast or solid white painted?
Also which windshield did it have the curved small race version or the full street version?
He signed 2. There was a guy there selling them (he had 4-5 prototypes loose no packaging and about 50 production ones in packages). I got one signed for me and one for him then CS said no more too small. It was silver just like the production ones but with different wheels. Don't remember windshield. It's buried in the collection still wrapped up. I'll have to dig it out to check.