News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

CARS HELD HOSTAGE {2.0}

Started by DC-DD, July 05, 2018, 11:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC-DD

Well I tried to do it hear but after several  attempts post pictures  I decided to do it on the Shelby forums as it took 3 seconds .  We all started over there many years ago it may be time to go back there for some of the threads that require pictures .

Dominic

http://www.shelbyforums.com/threads/cars-held-hostage.41073/

Bigfoot

I have to agree with Dominic that there have been some difficulties here.
And useage of the Forum is way way way down as a result.
Those are the hard facts.
If the Powers That Be can fix (the situation) it would be welcomed.
If you don't know Dominic then you have either not been around long or don't attend The Conventions.
If you don't know me then that's OK.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

BGlover67

That was an awesome thread.  It's a shame it's lost to time.  :'(
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Quote from: Bigfoot on July 05, 2018, 11:38:53 AM

They do not care.

Bigfoot

Quote from: BGlover67 on July 05, 2018, 11:52:56 AM

Like John Belushi said,...."7 years of college down the drain."
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Quote from: BGlover67 on July 05, 2018, 11:52:56 AM
Many awesome threads lost........Que Lastima  :-\!!

tesgt350

Quote from: DC-DD on July 05, 2018, 11:21:32 AM

Well I tried to do it hear but after several  attempts post pictures  I decided to do it on the Shelby forums as it took 3 seconds .  We all started over there many years ago it may be time to go back there for some of the threads that require pictures .

Dominic

Maybe they can copy what they do at "Team Shelby".  I can load Photos straight to the thread in just a few Seconds.

Bigfoot

^^
That was working here for a while but something happened
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bill

Quote from: 2112 on July 05, 2018, 12:02:41 PM
Quote from: Bigfoot on July 05, 2018, 11:38:53 AM

They do not care.

Keep in mind those who take care of this site are unpaid volunteers, they devote time and energy to keeping the place afloat. Time away from their business dealings, time away from their family, time away from their friends, time, at an age where time in quite valuable, more so than the cars we love in some cases. Sometimes it's even more personal, and those that have the know how might just not be able to accomplish things due to factors that will never been known to the general public.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

kjspeed

Bill, I've offered my time and expertise on more than one occasion and for whatever reason the offer is met with silence. I have no interest in playing cop and moderating forum content, but I would be happy to offer any help I can to keep things running behind the scenes like getting the SAAC badge activated and fixing the photo attachment issue. However, I understand that to do that I would need administrator privileges so I can certainly understand if the board wants to keep a tight reign on admin access.

~Kevin
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Greg

Honestly I don't see the "Powers that Be" people frequent this site.  Is there not a committee that listens and takes care of the club issues?  The club belongs to the dues paying members not 3-4 individuals.  Should we not vote on officers and committee members?  If its true that the controlling people are just that, controlling, then they either need to step up or relinquish control.

Does the IRS/Feds need to be contacted to "check into the club" to make sure dues are being used properly and the people "running the show" are using the funds properly?  If you accept any form of payment from a person a service is required.  I think they are treading on thin ice..... IMHO

I also disagree with the statement about them being "just volunteers".  If one "volunteers" YOU signed on for the obligation and YOU have to perform.  If YOU don't want to because other things are more important to YOU, thats okay, but everyone else shouldn't pay for YOU accepting an obligation that YOU can't perform and aren't man enough to step down from.  That argument is BS... IMO!
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

427heaven

^^^^^ Agreed- They don't show up here too often or at all. They are volunteers and old and cant keep up what the majority want or need. We cant fault them for some what trying where things get a little sideways is when NO ONE is monitoring the monitors,sounds like our country now. Where people get un happy is when some truly good people send in there hard earned money for so called merit badges and such and then possibly some of that money is spent down at the saloon or what ever. Money exchanging hands for service's that people don't feel they are getting turns people off. I truly don't know if that is fixable because we have the buddy system here, like that's the way we always do things just don't know if we can continue down that same path any longer.

Quote from: Bill on July 05, 2018, 07:06:09 PM
Quote from: 2112 on July 05, 2018, 12:02:41 PM

They do not care.

Keep in mind those who take care of this site are unpaid volunteers, they devote time and energy to keeping the place afloat. Time away from their business dealings, time away from their family, time away from their friends, time, at an age where time in quite valuable, more so than the cars we love in some cases. Sometimes it's even more personal, and those that have the know how might just not be able to accomplish things due to factors that will never been known to the general public.

Bill

I stand by my commentary

68blk500c

Quote from: DC-DD on July 05, 2018, 11:21:32 AM

Dominic

Way to go Dominic!