Author Topic: CARS HELD HOSTAGE {2.0}  (Read 14406 times)

Rodster-500

• View Profile
Re: CARS HELD HOSTAGE {2.0}
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 11:10:11 AM »

Well I tried to do it hear but after several  attempts post pictures  I decided to do it on the Shelby forums as it took 3 seconds .  We all started over there many years ago it may be time to go back there for some of the threads that require pictures .

Dominic

http://www.shelbyforums.com/threads/cars-held-hostage.41073/

See you there!

Honestly I don't see the "Powers that Be" people frequent this site.  Is there not a committee that listens and takes care of the club issues?  The club belongs to the dues paying members not 3-4 individuals.  Should we not vote on officers and committee members?  If its true that the controlling people are just that, controlling, then they either need to step up or relinquish control.

Does the IRS/Feds need to be contacted to "check into the club" to make sure dues are being used properly and the people "running the show" are using the funds properly?  If you accept any form of payment from a person a service is required.  I think they are treading on thin ice..... IMHO

I also disagree with the statement about them being "just volunteers".  If one "volunteers" YOU signed on for the obligation and YOU have to perform.  If YOU don't want to because other things are more important to YOU, thats okay, but everyone else shouldn't pay for YOU accepting an obligation that YOU can't perform and aren't man enough to step down from.  That argument is BS... IMO!

There you go, talking to yourself again...

No one is listening.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 11:30:04 AM »
Rod   We are ALL watching and listening intently. Watch how many VIEWS this thread gets, it is at the core of all things we want and need from this forum. We all have different and very strong opinions of things,because of this most people left the site.  It is not important to them if these cars came with stripes or hubcaps or caution fan stickers. People are turned off by ignorance,racism,bullying,lack of knowledge, and a host of other things that are woven into most threads here. The question that presents itself often is how do we create new interest here when we should be taking care of the ones that are all ready here. I like stripes on all performance cars,I don't like hubcaps on anything, everyone knows this and I don't try to sway their opinions on it either. Lets have an understanding about these things because it appears we are slipping into the abyss.

Wedgeman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »
Funny, if the...."POWERS THAT BE".....were watching these posts. they would have... DELETED... them for insubordination......wonder if they are going to attend SAAC 43 ? They should have their ear plugs ready >:(

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 04:27:22 PM »
Bill, I've offered my time and expertise on more than one occasion and for whatever reason the offer is met with silence. I have no interest in playing cop and moderating forum content, but I would be happy to offer any help I can to keep things running behind the scenes like getting the SAAC badge activated and fixing the photo attachment issue. However, I understand that to do that I would need administrator privileges so I can certainly understand if the board wants to keep a tight reign on admin access.

~Kevin

Kevin
I don’t know you but I’m sure many here do.
I wish that someone with the skills could help.
I am not an administrator/moderator here but if I were,..”we” would love to see what people could offer for the Club Forum.

For the Forums future
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

8T03S1425

• SAAC Member
  • Next to sex, I like my Shelby best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 04:53:19 PM »

Well I tried to do it hear but after several  attempts post pictures  I decided to do it on the Shelby forums as it took 3 seconds .  We all started over there many years ago it may be time to go back there for some of the threads that require pictures .

Dominic

http://www.shelbyforums.com/threads/cars-held-hostage.41073/

Damn, I miss that thread!

Steve
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & ‘74.

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 08:09:13 PM »
Guys,

I already apologized to Dominic for the thread hijack and drift, while I am not on this forum in that capacity, I've walked in those shoes, so seeing a post as above just hit close to my heart and I posted my knee-jerk response above. The bottom line here, as in every other forums I've ever belong to, you need to reach out behind the scenes, by email, phone call, a knock on a door if you are on those types of terms with the people who have the administrative rights to the site. Posting in threads like this does little, as did the original thread on the photo posting which I sent a link off to a site admin. For me it's just frustrating to watch a slow spiral downward, where instead, we should be reaching for new heights. Again, I'm sorry to all for the thread drift, I'll step away and perhaps down, as it appears I've lost touch with reality on this forum.

Wish you all well.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 09:10:46 PM »
^^
That OK Bill
This thread can now be used as a lightning rod.

Some things happen for a reason
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2018, 11:13:53 PM »
Guess there are no rules? 

Here is one waiting for the owner to figure out what their going to do with it. Been parked there 30 years so far.

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2018, 09:03:36 AM »
Still figuring...?????  ::)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2018, 11:25:22 AM »
Well,it casts shade on the “lawn”,so perhaps it’s a water sanding measure... ;D

6s2020

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2018, 05:48:21 PM »
Three photos in 25 replies just ain't gunna cut it.....
"death by a thousand cuts"
anyhoo, rescued 6s2020 in 2012 after being held hostage and not moving for 35years

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 07:10:51 PM »
Look at all that cool trash!
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

67_1183

• SAAC Member
  • Southern Oregon - SAAC Member since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2018, 08:59:38 PM »
I posted this 5 years ago.  Ranchero (1969) held hostage.

Drove  by  a few months ago, car gone, place cleared out, marijuana growing (now legal) well above the fence top.

2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2018, 09:36:45 PM »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2018, 09:37:03 PM »